ABOUT DURHAM REGION NON-PROFIT HOUSING CORPORATION:
Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is a social housing provider for the Region of Durham. It is home to approximately 1128 units with low and moderate-incomes in its 18 residential properties. Our portfolio includes 7 high-rise and 11 low-rise townhome sites throughout the Region.
The mission of Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is to help meet the housing needs of the Region’s diverse population through the provision of a practical, well-maintained and affordable housing portfolio integrated within the community. The Corporation assists with related services to support residents in their housing.
Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Live-In Relief Superintendent position. The successful candidate will provide relief superintendent services for a 84 unit apartment building while the full time superintendent is off duty and/or for vacation coverage as required. As a member of Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation, the Relief Superintendent is accountable directly to the property manager.
The Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Daily inspections and maintenance to promote a clean, safe and healthy environment.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance inspections and procedures on mechanical equipment as required, and
reporting any deficiencies noted to the Property Manager.
- Respond to emergencies, and interaction with building residents.
- Prepare garbage/recycling for disposal.
- Repair, maintenance and ground work to building exterior and interior (including routine electrical and plumbing).
- Ability to paint (touch ups)
- Excel at customer service and team work
- Schedule move-ins and move-outs
- Show vacant & occupied units to prospective tenants
- Respond to request for repairs
- Enforce Corporation policies and procedures
- Attend training as required
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have knowledge, experience and be comfortable working with building machinery/equipment such as emergency generators, heating/boiler systems, makeup air units, circulating pumps, etc.
Experience in a similar role is required, as well as effective communication and interpersonal skills. Respect for confidentiality is a must as well as professional conduct and safe working practices.
The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory police clearance; have a reliable vehicle, valid G class driver’s license and insurance.
As an employer, Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is committed to build an organization that reflects the diversity of our tenants and communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities.