Full-time, Part-time & Casual positions available!
JVS Toronto is a non-profit leader in career and employment services for jobseekers and employers across the GTA, supporting more than 21,000 individuals annually. For almost 70 years, our programs have supported young graduates, immigrants, mature workers, the unemployed and the underemployed. With annual revenues of $16 million, our services are delivered in 9 Toronto locations by a dedicated team of approximately 170 staff including qualified employment counsellors, workforce specialists and psychologists, making JVS a well-known leader in this field.
Our employees are respected in the community for being responsive and client-centred; we value their contributions and offer a generous benefits package. To view some of the good work we do, please visit our website at www.jvstoronto.org .
The Disability Services Department provides programs to individuals who have a developmental disability, a learning disability and/or ASD. The programs provide opportunities for clients to find employment in the community and/or participate in an established volunteer or work skills development placement. To achieve their goals, the programs provide a range of services, including information and referral services, one-on-one employment counselling and on-the-job coaching, employment workshops, and job development/placement services.
The individuals in these positions will:
- Develop individual support plans for clients with a variety of different abilities using a person-directed approach
- Have experience developing and delivering workshops related to pre-vocational and employment skills development
Be able to successfully meet job placement and retention targets as assigned
- Carry out job development using JVS’ consultative sales model including prospecting (cold calling), networking, employer needs analysis, features/benefits and other EOPII job development and sales techniques
- Have extensive experience creating and completing employment and retention plans for persons with disabilities, training agreements, client insurance forms, accommodation plans, wage subsidy claims; as well as preparing and maintaining client files, statistics, and reports to meet JVS and government service standards
- Have demonstrated ability to assess work environments and identify strategies to accommodate and maintain client success
- Have extensive experience with on and off-the-job coaching with adults with developmental or learning disabilities
- Contribute to the cross-JVS Toronto team of those engaged in job development for other client groups and employer relations
We are seeking graduates of a recognized post-secondary institution in the field of social or developmental service or related field with a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience and related job development experience. Demonstrated success with a consultative sales model is preferred. Previous sales experience would be an asset. You are computer-literate and able to use specialized software to carry out responsibilities. You will have excellent facilitation and communication skills, be able to work effectively with adults with developmental disabilities, community professionals and employers, and have current knowledge of labour market trends, employment-related issues and adult learning styles. Additional assets would include knowledge of the Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008; Ministry Quality Assurance Measures (QAM); fluency in French (written and verbal); a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle. A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check is required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter ASAP to .
Applications will be accepted only through the above e-mail address.
Please note that flexible hours/evenings/ weekends may be required.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application,
please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.