WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Ourmission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a confident and resourceful recruiter to join the People and Operations Department. The incumbent will report directly to theAssociate Director of Recruitment, acting as an ambassador for the organization while managing and coordinating recruitment functions. The prospective candidate must possess proven recruiting knowledge and experience, ability to multitask with a keen sense of identifying talent for a challenging fast paced growing organization. The main responsibility for this role is to source and identify top talent, fill all job openings and establish a pipeline of candidates under a deadline.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s Headquarters at 233 Carlton St, Toronto ON.
- Responsible for sourcing and recruiting talent through multiple channels by handling a portfolio of up to 20 positions varying from entry level, manager and director
- Full execution of the recruitment process (including formatting job postings, conducting interviews, regular follow up communication with candidates and internal managers)
- Timely turn around on interview bookings and post interview follow up
- Meet with hiring managers to understand and scope the role and understands it fits into the organization objectives while setting timelines
- Lead the administration and interview process with hiring managers and directors
- Establish and manage relationships with career centers, universities, employment centers
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions by using career open house, university job fairs, building pipeline and leveraging contacts while networking with industry contacts and associations
- Develop a strong pipeline of qualified candidates and research new sources for active recruiting
- Demonstrated ability to capitalize on social networking for recruiting (LinkedIn, twitter, Facebook)
- Maintain all pertinent applicant tracking and interview data in applicant tracking system
- Responsible for formatting job descriptions and posting open positions within universities colleges and with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues
- Gather and provide feedback and recommendations to both the candidate and hiring manager regarding strengths and development needs of the candidate to determine and select the most qualified applicant
- Responsible for weekly reports on recruitment data such as hiring status, list of candidates to senior management within the department
- A high degree of flexibility is needed to be open to change and ready to adapt to changing priorities
What you bring:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced human resource or recruitment department
- Very strong organizational skills to juggle competing priorities, manage a portfolio of over 20 vacancies concurrently, acknowledge all applicants, and regularly communicate progress to hiring managers
- An organized self-starter and the ability to work well independently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate in a clear, concise, confident, persuasive and compelling manner under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to identify and engage the right candidates while keeping organizational culture top of mind
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate the interview process in person and over the phone
- Unsurpassed attention to detail and organization to handle multiple recruiting files simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple hiring deadlines
- Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships and works cooperatively with others to set goals, resolve challenges and accomplish objectives
- Ensures the highest degree possible of confidentiality, ethical decision-making and legislative compliance
- Strong initiative, proactive manner able to articulate and lead staff through interviews confidently
- Ability to develop new and innovative recruiting strategies
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.