Find is a social enterprise that provides gently used furniture to participants in Edmonton’s Housing First Support Program and also offers the same quality, low-cost furniture for sale to the public. Proceeds from retail sales support programs for people transitioning out of homelessness and into permanent housing, helping them build better futures. For more information on our company or our mission, please visit www.findedmonton.com.
Dispatchers have a variety of responsibilities at FIND. They are involved in customer communication, vehicle scheduling, routing and tracking, data collection, customer deliveries and pickups and the coordination of Housing First deliveries.
Dispatch staff report directly to the Warehouse Manager and in their absence, the Manager or General Manager.
Dispatch duties are split into two separate and distinct roles: Dispatcher and Dispatch Administrator.
On days when only one member of the Dispatch team is scheduled or present at work, all of the duties for both Dispatcher and Dispatch Administrator are the responsibility of that team member.
Dispatch Administrator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer the telephones as per FIND telephone policy, booking donation pick-ups and deliveries and establishing acceptable donation requirements
- Manage both telephone messages and email messages including messages left during non-business hours and replying promptly
- Maintain a professional, courteous and pleasant demeanor when responding to telephone calls
- Provide information, guidance and referrals to customer, clients and donors
- Direct inquiries about the Housing First program to the Housing First coordinator or representative
- Input all daily tracking information as submitted by the Dispatcher
- Recording all vehicle information as required such as mileage, fuel tracking, maintenance/repairs, pickups/deliveries and others
- Record all cancellation, pick up lead times and other information as required by the Warehouse Manager
- Ensuring that an appropriate supply of all required forms is available at all times and advising of shortages in a timely manner
- Manage fuel card sign out and receipts
- Coordinate and scheduling pickup of all waste and recycle bins
- Assist with purchasing and receiving as required by the Warehouse Manager
- Dispatchers and Dispatch Administrators may occasionally be required to fulfil the duties of a Swamper, Warehouse Duties, or assist in Housing First responsibilities as required by the business needs of FIND.
- Dispatchers and Dispatch Administrators may be required to perform other duties as required.
This position requires Saturday availability and has a standard work week of 5 days from Mon to Sat. The starting wage is $14.50 hr with regular performance reviews.
Find offers a great team environment, comprehensive Dental/Health Benefits after 6 months of employment and the opportunity to participle in a matching RRSP Program after 1 year of employment.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please email resumes to and quote Job# 1942 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Homeward Trust Edmonton
6th Floor, 10242 105 Street
Edmonton, AB, T5J 3L5
Fax: 780 496 2634