The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time; Wage: $25.00 per hour
Originally founded in the 1950s to service the spiritual needs of Russian Orthodox Christians in the Ottawa region, the current church was built in 1988 to commemorate 1000 years of Christianity in Russia.
ROCOR seeks an Archbishop to oversee, supervise and run the Spiritual and Administrative organizations of all Canadian parishes (20-25 parishes) across Canada. The Archbishop is responsible for:
- Conducting regular religious services
- Administering rites of faiths such as marriages and funerals
- Praying and promoting spirituality by delivering sermons
- Providing spiritual and moral guidance to the community
- Supervising, planning and administering programs of religious education
Required Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Must have a degree in Theology
- Fluency in English, Russian, Old Russian and Church Slavonic is required
- Must be proclaimed according to Orthodox Holy Canons (by the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church outside of Russia
- Must be a Bishop and monk with 20 years’ experience in providing religious services and spiritual guidance with the Russian Orthodox Church
- The Archbishop’s office will be based at the Protection of the Holy Virgin Memorial Church, Ottawa, ON Canada and must be willing and able to travel to parishes and dioceses across Canada and the USA.
What We Offer:
- Wage of $25.00 per hour for full-time (30 hours per week).
- Benefits: Paid travel and accommodation expenses, medical coverage.
Please email or mail applications with cover letter to: The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR)
ADDRESS:Protection of the Holy Virgin Memorial Church, 99 Stonehurst Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4R7 Canada
For more information, visit: http://www.memorialchurch.ca/