Job ID: 2246
To apply for this position, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
Under the direction of the Regional Administrative Services Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support relating to the operations and maintenance functions within the Region. Functions include providing data entry into the JDE1 database system through Self Serve Work Orders (SSWO’s) and Capital Asset Management (CAM) module for the Regions. Processes all invoices generated by SSWO’s by receipting, three-way matching, reconciling, verifying receipt of goods and posting batches. Initiates purchase orders for inventory as well as the completion of contract administration requirements for Suppliers/Vendors for the Standing Purchase Orders (SPO’s) and Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO’s) through Supply Chain and Contract Services. The incumbent must be familiar with maintenance terminology and possess excellent organizational and priority setting skills. The incumbent will be required to perform some or all of the following functions.
High school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution
Minimum of two years related experience in a comparable work environment which includes accounting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently in a high pressure environment
- Solid work ethic
- Good communications skills, must display tact and initiative
- Well developed verbal communication and writing skills
- Flexibility – ability to adjust to changes in the workplace
- Ability to prioritize and process a large volume of work meeting prescribed deadlines
- Ability to process work with a high degree of accuracy and comprehend instructions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to liaise effectively with appropriate departments and sources
- Word processing ability of 50 wpm minimum – WORD
- Ability to exercise good judgement and deal with confidential matters
- Computer literate in Windows, Excel and Word with some knowledge of data base systems
View Job Description here
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
To apply for the role of Documentation Clerk (Victoria, BC) or to view the full job description and other opportunities, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.