Please apply through www.we.org/careers
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
The primary role of the Director, WE Schools, Pacific Coast and Western Canada is to lead the implementation of strategic program goals and drive the We Schools team to reach both program breadth and depth targets in the Pacific Coast and Western Canada Office. This person will co-lead the Pacific Coast & Western Canada office in Vancouver, including oversight of operations, recruitment, and team culture. This role will have a large focus on partnership management and outreach in new and existing markets. The Director will support the WE Schools Global Heads, and WE Charity's Executive Director to ensure attainment of the organizational priorities and strategic imperatives.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
This is a fourteen (14) month maternity leave contract with the possibility of extension. The position is based out of WE's office in Vancouver (228 East Georgia St.).
Team and Performance Management
- Oversee a team of 25 across four markets in Canada and the US
- Track targets and accountability for teams and individual team members
- Lead recruitment, staff engagement and evaluations of the WE Schools team in the Pacific Coast and Western Canada office
Leadership of WE Schools Program Development and Delivery
- Represent WE Schools team in Director meetings and strategy development
- Develop the overall department strategy and direction, including implementation of all projects and plans by program managers and coordinators as directed by Global Heads and Executive Director
- Monitor quality and performance of team members providing timely resources, supports and materials to ensure success
- Clearly communicate priorities, objectives and expectations to team
School and Educator Outreach:
- Front facing position that attends conferences and meetings to recruit new schools & educators
- Responsible for setting up a strategy to achieve aggressive growth targets
Stewardship of School Districts/Divisions:
- Meet with high-level stakeholders at the District level to seek synergies with WE Schools programs and outcomes
- Ensure the partnership agreements are maintained and the outcomes agreed on are met
- Guide team in analyzing health of relationships using customer relations technology to monitor activity, track progress of partnerships and project future commitments
What you bring:
Education and Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience. Candidates should ideally have a Bachelor’s Degree and / or possess a diploma or certificate in education, project management and business or equivalent education. Experience working with schools and/or school administrative bodies and / or youth as well as managing people in a large team, including mentoring, motivating and monitoring performance considered key assets.
Knowledge and Expertise: Demonstrated passion for education and strong understanding in Canadian and American education systems and government relations.
Technical Skills: Possess a strong related technical language and knowledge and well as proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
Communication Skills: Excellent writing skills, with experience writing strategic plans, program reports and proposals. Excellent communication skills, with ability to represent the organization to external stakeholders as well as to work with senior level management to deliver on vision and key outcomes for the organization.
Other Skills & Abilities: Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and inter-personal skills. Able to work well independently as well within a team setting. Self-motivated, independent and strategic thinker. Ability to multi–task, work well under pressure and changing deadlines with the ability to set priorities accordingly. Strong organizational skills. Positive and professional attitude. Reliable work ethic and dedication.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.