WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a strong leader to work as Chief of Staff to the CEO of ME to WE and the Executive Director of WE, ME to WE. The incumbent will act as a trusted partner and advisor to the executives and the organization at large, ensuring alignment and fulfillment of the Executive Office activities and organizational priorities, and lead a growing team. The individual will oversee the day-to-day management of the ME to WE Executives’ communications, relationship management and operations needs.
The Executive Office supports all of WE’s executives in a variety of facets including project management, research, correspondence and stakeholder relations and business development.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of ME to WE's office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street).
The Chief of Staff will report to, and consult with, the Head of Executive Office, as well as the CEO of ME to WE and the Executive Director of WE, ME to WE directly
Core responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Senior Team Liaison:
- Act as the main contact for other senior leaders in the organization seeking to work with the ME to WE Executives, to assist in strategy, problem solving, process development and fulfillment of Executive Office deliverables
- Work to bring forward priorities as identified by the Executive Office, and ensure fulfilment and alignment with others teams
- Equally, act as a trusted advisor to the ME to WE’s Executives on organizational updates, priorities, processes.
- Help to build and support the external and internal communications of the ME to WE’s Executives as an ambassador of the organization’s brand.
- Provide leadership, set priorities and develop processes around executive communication with a strong focus on correspondence needs and stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborate with the organization’s Public Relations, WE Day event, and business development teams to deliver results and ensure alignment of messages and outreach efforts across departments.
- Review production of final deliverables to ensure consistency, creativity and quality
Relationship Management and Business Development:
- Lead the team in effectively engaging stakeholders in opportunities and events that arise, including developing guest lists, invitation process and communication plans and liaising with related departments, including WE Day, as needed
- Represent the Executive Office in larger project or campaign meetings that involve multiple departments specifically focused on stakeholder engagement and communication, and lead Executive Office accountabilities through the department.
- Personally manage key relationships for the Executive office as appropriate, including dignitaries, governmental representatives, and strategic corporate contacts
- Personally support in bringing on new partnerships for the organization as required on behalf of the Executive Office. Nurture relationships and take part in ideation, program creation and design.
Operations and Project Management:
- Personally manage special projects on behalf of the ME to WE’s Executives
- Oversee the Special Experiences channel and team, maintaining an up-to-date account of the team’s sales pipeline, activities and closes, reporting insights and matrix progress
- Drive Annual Planning for the Special Experiences channel, and execute the department’s sales strategy, tracking results and quickly develop creative new strategies in an entrepreneurial spirit
- Liaise with other departments, including the Executive office and Business Development, to generate leads and strengthen pipeline, maintain quality control with internal and external leads
- Drive the creation of necessary marketing materials
- Work to ensure successful launch of new initiatives within the Executive office, and effective pass off to other departments as required.
Human Resources and Team Management:
- Responsible for overseeing a large team, including driving priorities related to the above activities, performing regular check ins and ensuring that deadlines and priorities are met within the department.
- Help the team to problem solve, exercise sound judgement, and to develop sound processes for efficiency and accountability
- Help to facilitate a culture of open and honest communication within the team.
What your bring:
- Seven years+ of relevant professional experience such related to executive communication and stakeholder engagement.
- A passion for and experience in leading a young, growing team
- Strong project management and internal process-building skills
- Strong skills in and a natural flair for interpersonal communication and relationship management
- Attention to detail, and high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects.
- Flexible personality and work style that can adjust to different executive styles and expectations
- Able and willing to travel and work outside regular business hours
- Corporate affairs, internal communications and/or operations experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in the non-profit sector or similar workplace an asset
- Ability to work with senior level management to carry-out vision and objectives
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Positive and professional attitude, ability to work as a team player
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.