Are you passionate about social justice work? Are you energetic and excited about engaging youth?
Harmony Movement (www.harmony.ca) is the leading provider of diversity education in Ontario. We are a not-for-profit organization that addresses equity issues and promotes inclusion by educating and empowering youth, educators, social service providers, communities, and business organizations. We offer diversity education workshops, programs, conferences and projects to schools, communities and workplaces across Ontario.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Harmony Team to develop programs and workshops that address fundamental equity and diversity issues. Our programs explore personal and group identities, stereotypes, prejudice, discrimination, media literacy, a history of inequity in Canada, personal empowerment, as well as taking leadership for equity, inclusion and social change. This position reports to the Director of Equity Education.
The critical function of this position is to facilitate in an interactive, educational and empowering manner, using a variety of activities and tools to keep programming current and relevant to all participants involved.
- Develop and facilitate leadership, diversity and anti-discrimination education programs and workshops for youth, educators, as well as community, social services and business organizations.
- Collaborate with school, community and business clients to assess needs and to develop relevant programming.
- Work in collaboration with the other Program Officers and Managers to outreach, develop and maintain relationships and opportunities with school, community and business partners.
- This is a province-wide position that requires regular travel in the GTA and across Ontario, and will often involve overnight stays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary college or university degree and/or a minimum of three years related work experience.
- Experience in facilitating workshops and working directly with diverse youth and adults with a variety of learning styles and needs within a workshop, classroom or conference setting.
- Have a personal and professional interest in teaching equity, inclusion and social justice issues to youth and adults. Knowledge of anti-oppressive concepts and their application.
- Excellent presentation and workshop facilitation skills to engage his/her audience in a classroom, workshop or conference environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as writing and research skills and a demonstrated ability to edit and proofread.
- Able to work independently and in a team within a flexible, professional and self-supervisory environment. This position involves flexible hours to include weekday evenings and occasional weekends.
We are filling part-time or full-time positions. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and education level.
If you are interested, please submit your resume together with a cover letter (in PDF format) of no longer than one-page summarizing why you are passionate about diversity education and why you would be an excellent candidate for this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Harmony Movement is committed to fostering a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we work with. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome. We strongly encourage applications from people of diverse ethnoracial and cultural groups, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.
Please send your resume to
Only applicants that are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.