WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE seeks a dynamic and motivated Associate Director of Educational Partnerships who will report directly to the Director of WE Schools in the Pacific Coast and Western Canada office. The Associate Director serves as the primary point of contact for a portfolio of Educational Organizations, Schools Districts, School Boards and Foundations involved with WE and our domestic program.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of our Western Canada office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and growing the educational partnerships WE has with large educational foundations, School Districts, School Boards and organizations within the Pacific Coast and Western Canada region
- Information management and support relating to complex multi-year partnership commitments
- Represents WE and the organization’s priorities to their educational partners and represents the partners’ needs and interests to other WE departments internally
- Accountable for maintaining the health and success of the portfolio of partners with a key focus on partner retention, growth and expansion and also escalation of any new opportunities or risks associated with the portfolio
Internal Program Management
- Working with the Director of WE Schools in Pacific Coast and Western Canada as well as the Head of Educational Partnerships based in Toronto
- Working closely with front-line staff to ensure team members are trained to support the educational partnerships and its stakeholders
- Responsible for aligning internal teams and departments on the priorities of the partnership; providing clarity of what success looks like for these partnerships
- Overseeing the creation and delivery of partnership materials and assets
- Responsible for leading WE’s partnership strategy as well as the monitoring and evaluation of the partnership and its deliverables
- Work with educational partners to create and deliver relevant trainings to educators and related groups
- Takes a leadership role on the reporting, project planning and tracking of all partnership deliverables and milestones
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, and possess a diploma or certificate in education, project management or equivalent education. Bachelors or Masters in Education is strongly preferred
- Experience working with schools and/or school administrative bodies and/or youth required
- Proven exceptional relationship management with senior-level stakeholders
- Familiarity with Canadian and American educational systems, including Advanced Placement
- Demonstrated passion for social justice and service
- Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing strategic plans, program reports and proposals
- Ability to work with senior level management to carry-out vision and objectives, and ability to communicate this information to the broader team
- Demonstrated experience and/or ability to deliver several programs, happening simultaneously
- Highly self-motivated, independent and strategic thinker
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to collaborate with others, bring together multiple view points and establish solutions that meet the goals of the group
- Demonstrated flexibility and initiative, particularly when faced with challenges
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Positive and professional attitude and ability to work as a team player with all levels of management
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Desire and willingness to travel periodically for work
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.