WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE seeks a confident and resourceful Recruitment Manager to coordinate and manage recruiting functions. The Recruitment Manager focuses on ensuring that the strategic vision and processes for talent and retention are aligned with organizational goals. The prospective candidate must possess proven recruitment management experience demonstrating resourcefulness and creativity, ability to multitask with a keen sense of sourcing and identify top talent, fill all job openings and establish a pipeline of candidates under a deadline. The main responsibility for this role is to lead a high performing recruitment team flexibility to meet the demands of a high-growth organization. .
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s head office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). This role is perfect for a recruitment manager who is looking to develop recruitment management within the not for profit and social enterprise sectors. You love big recruiting goals and surpassing expectations with helping us grow our teams.
Recruitment & Team Management:
- Responsible for managing recruitment results from a team of 3 recruiters who handle 10-20 recruitment files for all subunits across WE Charity, WE Day and Me to WE, as well 1 part time administrative.
- Responsible for leading recruitment on senior level roles within the organization
- Develop a strategic recruitment plan to target partnerships with major Canadian university career centers and external recruitment tool and increase our talent pool from various sources.
- Effectively manage full-cycle recruitment activities including - sourcing, interviews, assessments and offers
- Partner with hiring managers and to ensure recruitment deliverable are aligned with business partners expectations
- Consistently deliver outstanding candidate experiences throughout the recruitment lifecycle and refine the experience of candidates and hiring managers
- Network through industry contacts and attend networking events to identify top talent
- Ensures that all job postings are posted from 24 - 48 hours from approval of hiring list
- Quality control amongst recruiters to ensure proper follow up with all candidates
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting while developing a pipeline of candidates
- Maintain and manager all pertinent applicant tracking system CATS and interview data.
- Gather and provide feedback and recommendations to both the candidate and hiring manager regarding strengths and development needs of the candidate to determine and select the most qualified applicant
- Oversee the work of 4 recruiters and 1 administrative coordinator by ensuring daily and weekly check ins on recruitment and administration goals
- Responsible for weekly reports on recruitment data such as hiring status, list of candidates to senior management within the department
- Responsible for submitting weekly recruitment update to Director & Executives
- Responsible for gathering workforce analytics to Executive Director and HR Director on a monthly basis
- Oversee quality on staff services including payroll and benefits
What you bring:
- A high degree of flexibility is needed to be open to change and ready to adapt to changing priorities
- 3-5 years’ experience in Recruitment, emphasis will be placed on candidates who have recruitment management experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to operate under changing priorities and ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple completing priorities, oversee and manage the process and flow of 40-60 requisitions concurrently while regularly communicating progress to hiring managers
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate in a clear, concise, confident, persuasive and compelling manner under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to identify and engage the right candidates while keeping organizational culture top of mind
- Positive, energetic, enthusiastic and flexible, ideal candidate sees this as a career builder
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate the interview process in person, over the phone and Skype
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple hiring deadlines
- Strong initiative, proactive manner able to articulate and lead staff through interviews confidently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new and innovative recruiting strategies within the not for profit/social enterprise sector role
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.