Please note this is a permanent full-time position based out of our Alberta Division office.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Fundraising, the Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and evaluating all aspects of the direct response program, supporting the administration of gaming opportunities, coordinating the HopeWorks (monthly giving) revenue program and developing the structure of grants program, across the division and under the direction of the National Office.
Direct Response including door-to-door canvass:
- Coordinate all aspects of the Society’s direct response program (excluding direct mail):
- Implement the agreed operational plan for direct response (e-appeals, face-to-face, telephone) and monitors the budget for the same.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to ensure all communication is on theme, on brand and on point.
- Monitor performance metrics, tracks and analyzes results to assess the effectiveness of program strategies.
- Provides high level analytic reports and recommends corrective actions (tactics) to ensure revenue targets are met.
- Manage all materials and vendors in accordance with the Society policies for financial and contractual authority.
- Liaise and collaborate with colleagues in community campaigns and events, major gifts, marketing and communications, and volunteer engagement to ensure integration of stewardship, engagement and marketing strategies into direct response campaigns.
- Work with IT to pull data, develop and implement tracking mechanisms to accommodate report and analysis need.
- Act as the divisional point of contact for the national direct mail program and managing any divisional direct mail data as direct by national office.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted professional standards and ethics, in accordance to the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice, the Donor Bill of Rights and Imagine Canada's Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code.
Division Gaming Opportunities:
- Ensure strict adherence to rules and regulations of Alberta Gaming Liquor Commission (AGLC) as they relate to gaming
- Ensure planning and successful execution of gaming opportunities for the division.
- Collaborate with fundraising staff to grow gaming revenue and ensure AGLC opportunities throughout the division are being realized.
- Collaborate with Finance department for reporting requirements and ensure completion of all reports within timelines provided by AGLC.
Accountable for Revenue, Financial and Relationship Development in Tributes Program:
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with appropriate professional and vendor groups including but not limited to: brides/consumers, event planners, facility managers, the funeral service industry, and the long-term/palliative care industry.
- With Marketing and Communications’ support, promote the Tributes program across the division.
- Provides stewardship and coaching to donors to maximize revenue.
- Recruit and steward Tribute fundraising organizers.
- Provide assistance in planning, execution, post-event wrap-up and evaluation of Tribute events, as necessary.
- Collaborate the preparation of event support materials with Marketing and Communications (MarCom) department.
- Accountable for budget monitoring (revenue and expense) and participate in the development of the plan and budget for the Tributes program.
Ensure relevant financial policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Maintain statistics and provide reports on progress (revenue- and activity based). Maintain, administer and report data contained within databases.
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of program-related correspondence.
- Integrate the Society’s mission and values in all aspects of fundraising activities.
- Plan, develop and execute an annual symbolic giving appeal in collaboration with Annual Giving, MarCom and Donor Services.
Accountable for Revenue, Financial and Relationship Development in Monthly Giving Program (HopeWorks)
- Develop the planning, acquisition, growth and overall management of the HopeWorks monthly giving program.
- Ensure donor engagement strategies are developed and executed in partnership with the engagement and stewardship team.
- Maintain related donor files in RE.
- Work with IT to develop and implement tracking mechanisms to accommodate reporting and analysis needs.
Foundations and Grants
- Assist with developing the structure of the grants program to take it from a sporadic process to a more dependable revenue source for CCS.
- Identify CCS mission appropriate funding prospects.
- Conduct prospect research and determine alignment with CCS opportunities.
- Write, submit and track grant proposals for submission.
- Submit post funding impact report to funders as required by funders guidelines.
- Monitors and manages expense budgets, and achieves revenue targets
- Works in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, and complies with the Society’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Work collaboratively with the Volunteer Engagement to adhere to protocols for recruitment, engagement, recognition and stewardship
- Post-secondary education in direct marketing, fundraising, or other related field.
- 2-5 years of customer service and fundraising in a non-profit organization.
- Experience with monthly giving programs and direct response.
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle conflicting demands and deadlines.
- Ability to multitask within time and resource constraints.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to accomplish goals with and through others.
Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours.