The Salvation Army London Centre of Hope Maintenance Worker is responsible to carry-out ongoing maintenance and repairs to the Centre of Hope, under the direction of the Environmental Services Director and Maintenance Coordinator.
Perform other position related duties as required.
• Minimum Secondary School Diploma
• Additional training in Facility Services preferred
• Knowledge of building systems preferred
• Demonstrates maintenance skills at a professional level (i.e., minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry and painting)
• Capable of operating hand and power tools
• Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment when making decisions
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to follow detailed instructions
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Valid Class G Driver’s License with clean driving record (Driver’s abstract is required)
• First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
• Understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army
• An original copy of a Criminal Background Check with vulnerable sector screening that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or a local police detachment.
Provide an original copy of a Background Check that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the National Canadian Policy Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment.
May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
Support for and an understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada.
NOTE: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered
[no guaranteed hours of work; on call basis}
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.