Resource Room Support Worker
Broadway Youth Resource Centre
Pacific Community Resources Society provides a range of services from Vancouver to Chilliwack, with approximately 40 programs and 250 staff members. Our programs include; housing services, youth centers, employment training and skill building, education, drug and alcohol addictions and prevention programs. The Broadway Youth Resource Centre, located in Vancouver, BC is currently looking for a Resource Room Support Worker responsible for the operation of the walk-in resource room that is the hub of the Youth Resource Centre. They work to create a welcoming environment and to provide support, resource and referral and crisis intervention to the youth that use the Resource Room.
1) To staff the Resource Room and provide additional services as needed:
- Coordinate the activities/special events in the resource room in order to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for youth.
- Provide advocacy and support in order to assist youth and their families to access information and support services.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring and evaluation of relief staff
- Maintain information bulletin boards.
- Maintain overview of resource room budget and spending
- Delegate tasks to volunteers/others as appropriate
2) To provide training and counselling in response to the needs of youth who use the Resource Room:
- Assess training and counselling needs of youth on a regular basis.
- Provide life skills and other training, individually and in groups.
- Provide individual and group counselling in response to needs of youth.
3) To liaise with government Ministries and other professionals:
- Liaise with schools, doctors, psychiatrists, and other relevant professionals and programs, as needed
- In collaboration with the manager, represent BYRC and the Resource Room in the community and at meetings, as required.
- Assist in supervision of volunteer/practicum students
4) To fulfill administrative and written requirements:
- Coordinate and chair a weekly Resource Room staff meeting with the multi-agency team that assists with staffing of the room.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, planning meetings, committee meetings, as required.
- Maintain log book, files and reports, as required.
- Maintain petty cash records according to the financial policies of the agency.
5) To Maintain Health and Safety:
- Handle emergency situations safely and in accordance with agency policy.
- Maintain good safety practices and a preventative approach.
- Understand the stresses of the job and take steps to prevent personal burn-out.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
BSW or BA in a related field plus one year related experience, OR Child and Youth Care Diploma plus two years’ experience, OR combination of related work experience and education with at-risk youth under the age of 24.
- Criminal Records Check including the vulnerable sector
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must be willing to have or submit proof of receiving the flu vaccine
- Second language in Cantonese/Mandarin, Vietnamese, Spanish, or other relevant languages in the East Vancouver/Midtown community, is an asset.
- Event planning skills and experience will be an asset.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please quote “BYRC Resource Room Support Worker” on your cover letter and in the subject line of emails.
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted.
Only those qualified for an interview will be contacted.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
ATTN: Allison Parker, Acting Manager, Broadway Youth Resource Centre