The BC SPCA is 120 years young and growing stronger every year. We are a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia. Through our 42 locations throughout BC and provincial office in Vancouver, the BC SPCA provides a wide range of services and programs to help more than 45,000 animals in distress and need each year.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized individual to assume the part-time role of Assistant Manager at our Maple Ridge Branch. The position is three days a week and the successful candidate must be able to work weekends. This position will be responsible for the management of the branch volunteer services and all aspects of the involvement of volunteers at the branch level. This position will evaluate and grow the volunteer programs based on the needs of the branch. This position will also be responsible in assisting the Branch Manager with branch operational duties as may be required.
The successful candidate has a professional and passionate communication style that has gained them a reputation for excellence. The successful candidate is able to manage, network and motivate volunteers and this is shown in your drive and dedication.
You have demonstrated your smart “self management skills” by effectively and efficiently organizing, prioritizing and completing multiple assignments in a timely manner. You have the ability to engage others as well as to work well independently or as part of a team. You are very results oriented and focused on getting things done.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to succeed in this role:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years in a managerial / supervisory role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Fundraising, volunteer management and media experience a must
- Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer management practices
- Leadership and conflict management skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to motivate and inspire a core group of volunteers
- Ability to connect with diverse types of organizations: schools, businesses, government, faith organizations, etc.
- Must have genuine compassion for animals and previous animal care training or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, meet priorities and work with minimal supervision
- Must have a genuine compassion for animals and sound knowledge of the Five Freedoms and related animal welfare standards
- Philosophical harmony with BC SPCA policies, programs and protocols
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a positive manner
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Previous experience working within an animal shelter, fundraising, volunteer management and media experience would be an asset
- Strong computer skills – Windows, MS Office incl. PowerPoint and Excel
- experience working in a non-profit organization considered an asset
- Must have a valid BC Class 5 Drivers’ License
If you are up for a challenge, are interested in becoming a part of the BC SPCA team and are legally entitled to work in Canada, email your resume and cover letter outlining why you are the best candidate for this position (in Word or PDF format) to: . We will wait until October 26, 2016 to hear from you. Help us make a difference.
TO ENSURE DELIVERY USE THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT LINE FOR YOUR EMAIL:
"SPCA Job Posting-Asst Manager, MR"
No telephone calls please. We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The BC SPCA is a Registered Charity BN 11881 9036 RR0001