Frontlines addresses the pressing needs of Weston’s children and youth. We foster and restore wellness and respect among our diverse neighbours by building relationships and providing programs that address the whole child.
Posted: October 5th, 2016
Catering Careers Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Catering Careers Manager is responsible for the development of the training program curriculum, communication and outreach to the community and implementation of the training course for unemployed youth in the Weston/Mount Dennis community.
- Design and implement the Catering Careers curriculum, in conjunction with an Industry Advisory Board that will train unemployed youth (18-29) in multiple areas of the hospitality industry and prepare them for employment. This will include course materials, guest lecturers, site visits.
- Develop an outreach and communication plan to maintain effective communication with Director, residents, staff, participants and board.
- Build partnerships in the hospitality industry and with local businesses in support of Catering Careers program; not limited to organizing and attending project related industry and community meetings.
- Build partnerships with local schools, employment agencies, and youth centres to encourage participation in the program and to ensure student success.
- Prepare various correspondences and reports on Catering Careers program and other programming (as needed) according to funder requirements and provide timely program evaluation.
- Provide Frontlines leadership (Director and Board) with various correspondences and reports on Catering Careers Program (daily, monthly and annually as requested)
- Supervise, orient, motivate and train assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of staff and organizational performance.
- Provide input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and upheld by staff, participants and volunteers.
- Monitor the quality of all Frontlines’ Catering products, equipment and services provided.
- Create a plan that will ensure the program is financially sustained after funding cycle is complete.
- Demonstrated experience in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrated experience in management and training, program planning, documentation and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience in project management and results based reporting.
- Demonstrated experience working with youth ages 18 – 29 with an emphasis on at-risk youth
- Experience working in a multi-ethnic, high density, urban community
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and written at all levels of the organization and the public
- It is an asset to have experience in a multi-ethnic, high density, urban communities
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in the hospitality industry conducting training or apprenticeships and/or developing and managing training-related projects
Conditions of Employment
The successful candidate must:
- Successfully complete a Police Reference Check
NOTE: This is a full time position that may require some evening work. We encourage interested individuals to apply as soon as possible.
Salary range between $37,000 and $42,000