Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating an inclusive world where people with disabilities are healthy and living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
You will provide administrative and relationship management support to the Resource Development (RD) Major Gifts team. You will assist with supporting the fundraising cycle for major gift prospects and donors, including identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities. Reporting to the Major Gifts Manager, you will focus on supporting all Major Gift activities and work closely with RHF staff, as well as external parties.
- Develop briefing and debriefing notes, as well as assist with the preparation of materials for donor meetings/solicitation and stewardship activities;
- Prepare fundraising committee materials and support committee members’ activities;
- Assist in coordinating donor events;
- Conduct research and prepare prospect research reports, pulling materials from external sources (i.e. biographies and articles);
- Draft correspondence, including emails, letters, reports and memos (both routine and ad-hoc);
- Assist in managing the movements management racking with major gift prospects and donors, keeping actions up-to-date on Raiser’s Edge (RE);
- Implement stewardship and recognition tracking/activities;
- Update spreadsheets and tracking lists;
- Maintain current contact and relationship information for contact lists up-to-date on RE; and
- Assist in the writing and production of proposals and stewardship reports for major gift prospects and donors.
- Post-secondary degree with coursework relevant to the position;
- 3+ years of related experience in a fundraising environment; and
- Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience working with or knowledge and interest in issues affecting people with disabilities;
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Effective written communication, including proficiency with grammar, spelling and punctuation, as well as the ability to compose clear, concise business correspondence;
- Effective oral communication with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with others; and
- Ability to deal with pressure of competing priorities.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The RHF Total Rewards Program includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Health and dental benefits
- Vacation and paid sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- BC Medical Services Group Plan
- RRSP Group Plan
- Accessible office space
- Height adjustable desks
- Workplace gym
The RHF is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and highly encourages qualified candidates with disabilities to apply. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on the Rick Hansen Foundation, please visit our website at www.rickhansen.com