Caledon Specialist Clinic Coordinator – Temporary Contract, Up to 3 Months
(Registered Practical Nurse – RPN)
Position Type: Temporary, Full-Time, Flexible Work Hours, 35 Hours/week, weekdays only
Location: 18 King Street East, Bolton, ON
Start Date: November 7, 2016 Deadline to Apply: October 19, 2016
Agency Overview: Caledon Community Services (CCS) is a multi-service, community-impact organization and recognized leader in addressing health and care, transportation, employment, training, resettlement, small business development and social service needs of individuals and families in the Town of Caledon and surrounding communities. CCS operates an integrated, client focused model of services that provides seamlessness between distinct programs, innovations in service delivery, significant volunteer leadership and myriad multi-sector partnerships and collaborations directed towards community building and meeting the needs of a growing Caledon Community.
Position Overview: The Caledon Specialist Clinic Coordinator will be employed by Caledon Community Services (CCS) with reporting accountability to the CCS Director of Health Services. The Coordinator provides leadership to the Caledon Specialist Clinic by offering clinical/clerical support to its Specialists, facilitating clinic referrals from local Primary Care Physicians and providing information and appointment follow-up support to community residents who use the clinic’s services. The Coordinator will also have a close collaborative relationship with the Bolton Health Link that is overseen by Headwaters Health Care Centre.
Position Deliverables/Accountabilities: Under the direction of the Director, Health Services the incumbent:
- Performs delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines and standards as observed by the CNO;
- Carries out physician orders accurately;
- Complies with Infection Prevention and Control policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for self and others;
- Serves as the primary community, patient and physician contact person for the Caledon Specialist Clinic;
- Coordinates with staff from each of the Specialist’s offices to confirm referrals;
- Working with the Specialist physician’s offices, ensures that an adequate schedule of patients has been populated for the clinic;
- Maintains patient records in accordance with the CNO standards;
- Coordinates patient appointments on each clinic day and ensures that clinic schedules are followed including ‘remote’ appointments through the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN);
- Assists patients and family members as required with Specialist and Primary Care Physician follow-up;
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Minimum 2 year college diploma in Registered Practical Nursing;
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO);
- Current BCLS certification (Basic Cardiac Life Support);
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN);
- Demonstrated track record of sound clinical skills;
- Experience with auto clave operations;
- Experience working with the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) is an asset;
- Knowledge of current registered practical nursing practices;
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) techniques;
- Ability to function effectively as an RPN while working independently, without immediate supervision available;
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Word/Excel and other Microsoft applications;
- Proficient with scheduling software and electronic medical records;
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Comfortable working with physicians, patients and multidisciplinary group of health care practitioners;
- Fluency in English, strong verbal, presentation and writing skills;
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment;
- Innovative with the ability to problem solve quickly, strategically and creatively;
- Superior organizational skills and ability to set priorities. Motivated and self-directed;
- Flexibility to respond to a fluctuating workload and changing environment;
- Clean Criminal Records Check – Vulnerable Sector.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Interested applicants can apply by forwarding an updated resume and cover letter via e-mail later than October 19, 2016. Please cite competition #16-39.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting those selected for an interview. CCS is an equal opportunity employer encouraging applications from qualified individuals from diverse groups including Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity and other grounds identified under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
CCS will provide information and/or accommodation pertaining to this job posting and/or the recruitment process in an accessible manner upon request.
Sandra Sciulli, CHRP
Human Resources Specialist
Caledon Community Services
18 King Street East
Bolton, ON, L7E 1E8