The Employment Counsellor/Job Developer has the overall responsibility for preparing Internationally Trained Individuals to the Canadian Labour Market and supporting them with employment opportunities. The Employment Counsellor /Job Developer works closely with employers, clients and MicroSkills staff to make the best possible match for clients and employers. In this specialized role, the Employment Counsellor/Job Developer will be working with the “Bridge to Employment Business Services Program” participants for employment purposes. In addition, the successful incumbent will identify employers who are hiring and match participants’ strengths with employers’ needs. This position is also required to establish and maintain business relationships with employers in various fields and industries.
This is a full-time, contract position, scheduled to run until March 31st, 2017. Any extensions to employment will be made in advance of this tentative end date.
- Secures employment opportunities for participants registered in MicroSkills Bridge Training Business Services program, utilizing effective research techniques and outreach strategies;
- Develops and coaches participants; creates job development plans to successfully meet participants employment and program goals;
- Successfully markets and achieves employment outcomes for participants at the mid to senior level in the functional areas;
- Researches and identifies growth sectors that are hiring in order to access viable job postings and uncover the hidden job market, and actively consults with employers to identify their Human Resource gaps and hiring practices;
- Provides ongoing support and assistance to employers in order to facilitate job retention and maintenance for MicroSkills’ participants as per program requirements;
- Develops an effective employer engagement strategy including arranging on-site visits, employer facilitated workshops, and job shadowing and mentorship opportunities in order to further support the building and development of employer relationships with MicroSkills. Travels to various employers’ location and networking events;
- Organizes activities related to preparing participants for employment. Facilitates employment ready skills workshops, resume and cover letter reviews, and other job search related activities;
- Prescreens and matches participants to employers and prepares employment related documentation as required;
- Supports the planning of monthly/quarterly jobseekers networking events, recruits potential expert presenters, and develops/administers questionnaires, conducts focus groups with service users, analyzes and documents findings;
- Develops and maintains employers database and employer files;
- Participates in team meetings and decision-making;
- Degree or diploma in business services, human resources, Career and Work Counselling or related field;
- Minimum 3 years work experience in job development, marketing, recruiting, human resources;
- Strong marketing, customer service, networking and teamwork skills;
- Self-directed and results-oriented; proven success in achieving employment targets;
- Knowledgeable about challenges of diverse individuals accessing labour market;
- Strong knowledge of labour market trends;
- Established relationships with employers in growth sectors;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation governing employment;
- Knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques;
- Demonstrated competence with management information system/Microsoft Office;
- Flexible as to assigned working hours/locations and possesses a valid Ontario Driver’s License with access to a reliable vehicle;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Ability to train the participants.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter & resume in one attachment (Word or PDF format) directly to Human Resources via email at: . We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you!