COSTI REQUIRES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER FOR ITS’
CLIENT SUPPORT SERVICES PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment, rehabilitation and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org
The Client Support Services (CSS) program provides intensive settlement case management services to government-assisted refugees once they have arrived in the Greater Toronto Area in order to facilitate a healthy transition to live in Canada and a successful and positive resettlement experience. It provides such services through a 12-month itinerant case management model where clients are provided with a wide range of settlement supports and referrals depending on their unique social determinants of health.
This is a full-time non Union contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week
- Oversee the delivery and coordination of the Client Support Services program which includes the supervision of mobile staff, placement students and volunteers, booking of interpreters and monitoring of program records, etc.
- Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates staff.
- Coordinates/supports monthly case reviews and bi-weekly individual supervision meetings with staff/students, and weekly team meetings.
- Support and maintain productive working relationships with partners and other service providers.
- Ensure that all organizational time lines are met, and prepares narrative and statistical reports as required.
- Ensure that the centre and its staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent and related management experience.
- One (1) year experience supervising settlement programs.
- Two (2) year experience of supervising and coaching of staff.
- Three (3) years of experience providing settlement services to both newcomer and refugee clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Resettlement Assistance Program.
- Previous experience supervising staff remotely.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international issues facing refugees and refugee resettlement in Canada.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision making skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential.
- Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet based database.
- Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
LOCATION: 760 College Street, Toronto
DURATION: October 31, 2016 to March 31, 2017
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $27.37 to $29.76 per hour
POSTING DATE: October 6, 2016
CLOSING DATE: October 20, 2016
OPEN TO UNION MEMBERS ON A SECONDMENT BASIS.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #-86-16
and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, M6E 3P2
Email: or Fax: 416-658-8537
“We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.”
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.