POSTING # 16-CL-RES-02
Fraserside Community Services Society invites applications for the following position:
Job Title: RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER - CASUAL
Program: COMMUNITY LIVING RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS
Classification: Standard Grid Level 10 – Residential Support Worker
Rate of Pay: $18.59 per hour and increments in accordance with the terms of the Collective Agreement
To provide quality person centered service for individuals with developmental disabilities including direct support, planning, training and activities and to facilitate the development of appropriate opportunities.
- Minimum Diploma in the human services field and at least one year recent experience working with people who have developmental disabilities or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities in a group or 1:1 setting; strong community living values and good organizational skills are a must
- Demonstrated strong knowledge/training in behaviour approach and experience working with individuals with challenging behaviours, mobility impairments and alternate communications systems
- Good interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of clients and teams
- A high level of self-motivation, initiative, and organizational and planning skills in order to effectively manage work responsibilities associated with working in two or more programs
- Willingness and interest in participating and supporting residents in home and community activities based on individual's interests and needs
- Responsiveness and sensitivity to the needs of persons with disabilities
- Ability to work in cooperation with families and external support services
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working effectively with diverse populations
- Valid First Aid/CPR, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and FOODSAFE certification; Mandt System Training an asset
- Class 4 BC Restricted Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and MS Word; familiarity with an electronic case management system is preferred
- Successful Criminal Record Check
- TB skin test in past two years, medical certificate of health and immunization record
HOURS OF WORK: This is a casual position requiring flexibility in hours of work.
This position is open to male and female applicants except where bona fide occupational requirements prevent it. This position requires union membership.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume, quote posting number, provide an E-mail address and telephone number, and include qualifications, experience and any other information that may assist the Society in arriving at a hiring decision. E-mail applications to
DATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POSTED: 6 October 2016
DATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY CLOSED: 20 October 2016
Fraserside is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in Fraserside. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.