We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
** Vancouver Multiple Locations**
JOB PURPOSE: To collect donations from holiday shoppers by spreading Christmas cheer and promoting The Salvation Army.
- Arrive at assigned location on time, retrieve and set up designated Christmas Kettle from storage location; remain with Christmas Kettle until shift change or Kettle is picked up by personnel
- Stand near Christmas Kettle for the entire duration of shift; greet, smile and collect donations from passers-by; thank donors
- Ensure Christmas Kettle is attended or stored away during restroom and meal breaks per instruction given; to ensure security of Christmas Kettle and monetary donations
- Follow instructions of Supervisor and Coordinator; report any problems or concerns to Supervisor or Coordinator
- Distribute swag, i.e. blessing cards, etc.
- Promote Salvation Army programs & services, volunteering, when opportunities arise
- Respond to donor questions or make appropriate referral
- Collect donor’s information when a request is made for a charitable tax receipt
- Manage inventory and request supplies when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be punctual, reliable and community minded
- Positively portrays The Salvation Army and reflect its mission and core values
- Possesses good customer service skills – be friendly, courteous, positive, outgoing, flexible, task oriented, patient
- Be able to work independently
- Ability to focus on job and refrain from distractions, i.e. mobile phone use, texting, etc.
- Possesses good oral communication skills
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 25 lbs.
- Willingness to work indoors at high traffic retail locations
- Willingness to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Follows the dress code and be well groomed
- Possesses and wear proper outdoor attire in inclement weather
- Possesses and can ensure access to mobile phone, email, transportation, i.e. Transit, taxi, vehicle, etc.
- Ability to attend orientation session
- Agrees to Standards of Conduct
- Previous fundraising experience, customer service, and volunteer experience an asset
- Minimum high school education or equivalency an asset
35 hours per week
Flexible hours required
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Temporary full-time; 5.5 weeks commitment (Monday – Saturday, No Sundays)
• Duration: November 17, 2016 to December 24, 2016