Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC (BGC) is currently looking for part time Activity Leaders for our Clubs in Vancouver, Richmond, North Vancouver, Burnaby, Delta, Surrey, and Langley. We are seeking individuals who have experience working with children and/or youth, have great social/interpersonal skills, are creative and energetic, and truly believe that every kid is amazing.
These positions are suited to students in post-secondary education that are looking for part time work to fit with their school schedules (various shifts are available).
Activity Leaders plan, develop, and implement recreational, social, and educational activities for children and youth during our after-school drop-in program and evening programs. They create a fun and engaging atmosphere in the Club. Requirements for this position include:
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- Post-secondary training/courses in a related field.
- Experience working with groups of children in a social recreational setting.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Program planning, a second language and experience working with culturally diverse people are assets.
- A starting wage of $13.50 an hour.
- On-the-job training (Put the Child First, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and First Aid)
- Scholarship opportunities.
- A team environment where people want to make a difference for children and youth.
- The potential to grow into positions with increased hours, higher levels of responsibility and compensation.
Hours of operation vary by Club, but most shifts available are from 2pm-6pm, with some evenings and weekends.
CLOSING DATE: This posting will remain open until the positions are filled.
Thank you in advance to all applicants. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
If you are interested in joining us, please email a resume and cover letter stating your schedule availability and preferred location (Vancouver, Richmond, North Vancouver, Burnaby, Delta, Surrey, or Langley)
Attn: Activity Leader Hiring Committee