The BC SPCA was established over 120 years ago and we continue to grow stronger every year. We are a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia. Today we have 43 locations throughout BC providing a wide range of services and programs to help more than 45,000 animals in distress and need each year.
We have an immediate opening for a Branch Manager to join our Operations team for approximately 12-months on a maternity leave replacement. The Branch Manager of our West Vancouver Branch reports to the Regional Manager and is accountable for the management and coordination of branch staff, volunteers and activities. As branch manager you will promote the BC SPCA’s mission and implement provincial initiatives within the branch and surrounding community, lead local fund raising efforts and promote the branch through various community events, literature and media. You will ensure the operating budget of the branch is adhered to and provide overall optimum care for the animals within the branch’s area of responsibility. You are also responsible for the health and safety of branch staff and volunteers as well as maintaining a clean and safe environment for the public.
You will use your strong management skills to lead a team of dedicated staff and foster a positive work environment. You will have a hands-on approach and always believes in the highest standards of care and welfare for animals.
Knowledge, skills and abilities to succeed in this role:
- Post-secondary education, minimum 3 years in a managerial/supervisory role
- Must have a genuine compassion for animals and sound knowledge of the Five Freedoms and related animal welfare standards
- Self-directed and confident with the ability to think critically, problem solve and resolve conflict manage
- Motivate and mentor staff, set standards and appraise performance
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, meet priorities and to work within a demanding work schedules with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a positive manner
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to regularly travel throughout the assigned region and Province as necessary
- Must have a valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Previous experience working within an animal shelter, fundraising, volunteer management and media experience considered an asset
- Computer skills – Windows, MS Office incl. PowerPoint and Excel.
If being an ambassador for the BC SPCA excites and motivates you, and you have the skills we are looking for and are legally entitled to work in Canada, we would love to hear from you. Email your resume and cover letter with salary expectations (MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources at: . The closing date for this position is October 22, 2016. Help us make a difference.
In the subject line, please quote ‘SPCA Job Posting – BM W Van’
We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
The BC SPCA is a Registered Charity BN 11881 9036 RR0001