We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
HOUSE PARENTS for STRATHMORE
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Wood’s Homes provides 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking contracted House Parent(s) to work within the Wood’s Homes continuum of care supporting youth and families. The House Parent(s) will play a pivotal role in services provided through living with youth in our home in Strathmore on a long term basis and providing a positive and caring environment for up to 4 youth with multiple challenges. The House Parent(s) will work as a part of a therapeutic team, committed to the success of these youth and their families.
The Strathmore Program is a house-parent program with staff support and in-home crisis support for troubled youth and their families who primarily reside in Strathmore and Wheatland County.
- Move into the home and provide consistent and nurturing parental expectations for the youth in our care
- Morning routines before school, bedtime routines, prepare family meals, etc.
- Be a part of the team supporting the youth by attending meetings geared towards planning for successful transitioning
- Embrace the lifestyle of parenting our youth, along with “extended family” in the form of the staff team
- The successful candidate(s) will have parenting experience and personal suitability will be taken into consideration.
- Previous Foster experience is an asset.
- Quality training and extensive supports are provided to promote the success of youth, their placement in the home and family reunification.
Please submit an application and resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: . Please quote ‘Your last name, Your first name – House Parent’ in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.