We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
The commitment to high-risk adolescents, many of whom are faced with some very tough issues, is a point of pride for Wood’s Homes. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence. We are proud of the high quality support services offered to our clients, partners and communities and, through our programs, will continue to promote and assist in the development and well-being of children, youth and families.
We are currently seeking a .5 Fund Development Coordinator for our Lethbridge Programs.
The Fund Development Coordinator is responsible for fundraising and volunteer management within our Lethbridge operations as well as organization of community events and activities. The Fund Development Coordinator will provide direct support in the solicitation of funds from donor prospects and stewardship of their gifts.
This position reports to the Director responsible for Fund Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Prepare donor proposals, reports, presentations, collateral material and all key donor correspondence.
- Report total dollars raised for each fundraising priority.
- Provide support to the fundraising committee including preparation of agenda and meeting minutes.
- Build and maintain Raiser’s Edge database to capture accurate and timely information on potential and current donors.
- Conduct research and prepare research profiles, identifying alignment with institutional funding priorities and connections to Wood’s Homes.
- Prepare reports from Raiser’s Edge that outline which stage the donor prospects are in (qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship).
- Liaise with Finance to ensure proper financial tracking and stewardship of all gifts to the Foundation.
- Coordinate individual stewardship events.
- Coordinate the implementation of both individual and group donor stewardship and recognition strategies.
- Work collaboratively to organize and participate in effective community events and activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience and a minimum of three years experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and donor database systems (Raiser’s Edge).
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of management and senior volunteers.
- Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: . Please quote ‘Last Name, First Name, Lethbridge FD Coordinator’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.