The College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) is the professional and regulatory body for 37,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners throughout Alberta. We’re mandated to define and uphold the standards of safe and ethical nursing practice as legislated under the Health Professions Act. We play an essential role in shaping the framework for professional nurse regulation and excellence in practice for the health of all Albertans. Our core values are integrity, respect, accountability and professionalism.
Governance Administrative Assistant
As a member of the executive office, this dynamic role manages the office of the president, provides administrative support to Provincial Council, the Senior Advisor, Public Affairs and to the office of the Chief Executive Officer.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Maintain the President’s calendar, draft correspondence and coordinate travel
- Schedule meetings with key stakeholders for the President, CEO and Senior Advisor, Public Affairs
- Provide administrative support to Provincial Council, including preparation for and follow up after Council meetings and teleconferences
- Take minutes (record of decisions) of Provincial Council meetings
- Develop material, reports, presentations, and prepare correspondence and emails
- Track, revise, and update policies and bylaws
- Manage department documents within electronic records management systems
- Collaboratively engage with and support administrative staff within the executive office
- Completion of 2 year post-secondary program in administration, business or equivalent
- 5 – 6 years’ experience providing administrative support to Councils, Committees or Boards
- Knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint and ability to adapt to various databases
- Excellent business writing, editing, proofreading and formatting skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and virtual communication skills and the ability to communicate concisely
- Critical thinking, time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadline-driven environment
- A satisfactory criminal record check
We offer an excellent compensation, benefit and pension package, regularly celebrate accomplishments and milestones and host team events.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
If this opportunity interests you, we invite you to submit a resume via e-mail quoting file EO-0021 to: by Oct 19, 2016. We thank you for your interest!
College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
11620 168 Street
Edmonton , AB, T5M 4A6