Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre provides programs that strengthen and enrich the lives of children and parents. Programs are delivered using a holistic approach to support the emotional, physical and intellectual needs of children in the community.
As a Family Support Worker you would be responsible for conducting home visits, goal planning with families, providing supportive counseling, advocacy and referrals, as well as facilitating family support groups and providing the required program administration.
The position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evening and weekend shifts.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess a diploma/degree in the Human Services Field- i.e. psychology, Social Work
- Have direct experience working with children and families from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds-preferably in home visitation role.
- Have experience working with at risk families with complex needs
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills (a second language is an asset)
- Have strong knowledge of child development and parenting skills
- Have solid computer proficiency
- Possess a current First Aid certification
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre offers a compassionate team environment with a competitive compensation plan, full benefits, paid time off at Christmas and Spring Break (in addition to regular vacation), a commitment to staff celebration and recognition, a strong focus on employee wellness, team building activities, and ongoing professional development.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre
9516 – 114 Ave, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 0K7