SHIP(Supportive Housing In Peel) is a Health Service Provider for specialized populations with numerous programs and partnerships. We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic individual to fill the following position:
(Non Bargaining Unit)
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Manage monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Coordinate SHIP's annual audit with external auditors when necessary.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with external auditors and ensure effective communication among staff and external auditors.
- Prepare required notes to the corporate internal financial statements;
- Compile and report on historical data as requested.
- Assume responsibility for financial sections of all compliance reporting identified.
- Provide specialized and industry-specific guidance to appropriate SHIP personnel on issues related to financial reporting, generally accepted accounting principles and compliance and reporting requirements.
- Staff supervision
- Conduct performance reviews
- University degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance; a CGA or CPA designation is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years finance experience.
- Extensive, experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications.
- Knowledge of Great Plains required.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Experience creating and managing budgets.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time non-bargaining unit position working 37.5 hours per week. SHIP is an equal opportunity employer.
All interested candidates are invited to submit their application by applying directly to SHIP's Career Website: https://cmha.hr.ccim.on.ca/ship/applicant/JobSearch.aspx
SHIP is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent benefits package and work environment. We thank all applicants who apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are contacted by Supportive Housing In Peel regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise human resources if accommodation is required through any stage of the recruitment process