The Mustard Seed’s Mission is to build hope and wellbeing for our most vulnerable citizens through Jesus’ love.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Payroll Specialist and Finance Analyst position is responsible for processing the full cycle payroll for all locations of The Mustard Seed, for providing information for various reporting requirements and assistance in research projects. It is also responsible to provide assistance and training for all software programs related to finance as well as provide support to TMS Management with timely financial analysis and reporting.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accurate, timely full cycle processing of semi-monthly payrolls;
- Reconciles the Payroll Register to the General Ledger on a monthly basis;
- Prepares calendar year end payroll and fiscal year end reconciliation for T4's and other payroll and government reporting;
- Provides administration for all pension, medical, health and dental benefits;
- Participates in the budget, forecast, yearend audit process for providing payroll analysis and other ad hoc projects;
- Provides variance analysis for all operating expenses including salary, benefits, etc. compares actual to budget and forecasts on a timely basis each month;
- Prepares FLASH Report to ensure proper commentary and analysis is provided;
- Assists in preparing reports for executive and the Board;
- Assists in establishing policies, procedures and flow charts for Finance department;
- Provides training and support to finance team for Financial Edge, Yardi Beacon and Payworks.
- Assists in implementation of new accounting software to replace Financial Edge.
- Provides analytical support and ad hoc reporting to management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- College/University diploma in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll and benefits administration;
- CA/CGA/CMA designation;
- Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner or Payroll Manager designation;
- Advanced knowledge of payroll requirements, including CRA payroll regulations and year end payroll reporting;
- Knowledge and experience with Payroll and Human Resource Information Systems and databases; experience with Payworks is an asset;
- Strong aptitude for analysis and interpretation of complex data;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Detailed orientated; ability to maintain a high level of accuracy;
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion;
- Ability to communicate effectively, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Desk duty, minimal travel for training if necessary;
- Excellent professional office working environment;
- Flex time hours Monday to Friday.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward cover letter and resume to indicating the position title in the subject line.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days.