Position title: Student Services Manager
Department: Student Services
Reports to: Managing Director
Supervises: Student Services Manager (Temporary/Student), Assistant Student Services Manager, Student Services Coordinators
Employee status: Full time, Permanent
This Student Services Manager is responsible for day to day operations of the AMS Student Services, providing leadership, support and direction to the Student Services team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the AMS Student Services ensuring the safety of students, efficient use of allocated resources and funds while maintaining optimum service levels to users.
- Works with Student Service Coordinators to ensure that services and programs are planned, developed, reviewed and updated on a regular basis to meet the changing demands of the campus
- Actively managing human resources responsibilities including, but not limited to hiring, orientations, training, mentoring, performance management and discipline (including termination) with the support of the HR Department
- Provides leadership, analysis and advice in relation to policies and procedures regarding services for students
- Ensures operating budget is planned, prepared and monitored to accomplish service objectives while maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Develops and maintains appropriate user metrics and performs regular audits of services for periodic service reviews
- Make recommendations on the opening of new services and the shuttering of existing services based on developed metrics and evaluation criteria
- Acts as a liaison within appropriate levels within the university in order to support, provide and/or facilitate partnerships which benefit the AMS Student Services when required
- Active promotions, marketing, and outreach of the AMS Student Services
- Plans and provides orientation and training for rotating staff of student coordinators, staff and volunteers.
- Participate as a staff member at the weekly AMS Executive meetings as required
- Attend AMS Council meetings as scheduled as a non-voting member and provide a progress report within each council meeting as required
- Works with the AMS mission statement and values to operate a successful department
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years of management experience, preferably in a charity, non-profit or other similar student service environment
- Completion of post-secondary education program in student affairs or related field is required.
- Experience working with and leading students teams is essential
- An understanding of student life and the needs of an academic is required.
- A proven track record in leading, developing or delivering initiatives with a strong customer service focus
- Knowledge of AMS Student Services and resources is an asset
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task, be flexible and manage under pressure is essential
- Demonstrated team building skills and experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills and a sense of diplomacy
- Supervisory / managerial skills with volunteers and part-time employees an asset
- Understanding of the workplace safety and equity issues
- Previous work experience in a support or counseling service or environment is an asset
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
To apply, please visit the link below:
Thank you for your interest in the Alma Mater Society of UBC.
Alma Mater Society of UBC
6133 University Blvd.
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z1