Since 1996, Dogs with Wings has been providing highly-skilled assistance dogs to Albertans living with disabilities. With over 250 volunteers active across the province, we are known for innovative programming that is responsive to our clients’ needs.
Term: Full Time Permanent, 40 hours per week
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting to: Director of Client Services
The Health & Kennel Coordinator position will appeal to someone who is in good physical health and has the stamina to juggle various duties in a busy environment. The successful candidate must be able to accept direction from other members of staff and to collaborate with other staff as a team member. The successful candidate will also be expected to be cheerful, friendly, and respectful with our various volunteers. A positive attitude and flexibility is a must! This position requires that you have your Class 5 Alberta Operators License with a clean abstract.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic canine health care of dogs on site and off site including grooming, nails, bathing, weights, basic health checks, health records maintenance.
- Arranging and liaising with veterinary services as required on an on-call basis.
- Scheduling and supervising volunteers to maintain healthy, safe and sanitary conditions in kennel and training areas.
- Placing and receiving orders for dog food and other related supplies
- Providing handling sessions to new volunteers and assisting other members of training staff in assigned duties.
- Representing DWW in a positive manner in their dealings with members of the public, volunteers and other members of staff.
- Preferred education in an animal related field such as animal science, veterinary health, or
- Minimum two years’ experience in veterinary services, or training and raising dogs
- Clean drivers abstract and criminal record check
- Current First Aid Certification
- AHT Certification is desired
Closing Date: November 4, 2016
Salary: based on experience/education
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to:
Interim Executive Director
Dogs with Wings Assistance Dog Society
11343 174 St. NW
Edmonton AB T5S 0B7
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.