The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver currently has openings for Relief (on-call) Residential Support Workers (RSW’s) in our residential programs. We are looking for motivated, flexible individuals with a desire to make a difference. Programs are located in Surrey and include a Women’s Recovery Program, Women’s Halfway Houses and Homeless Shelters for Women and their children. Relief staff are required to be available for a variety of shifts in these 24-7 programs including days, afternoons, overnights and weekends.
Successful candidates will hold the following qualifications:
- Degree in a related field such as Criminology, Psychology, Women’s Studies, etc. or the equivalent combination education and experience.
- An understanding of women’s issues related to mental health, drug and alcohol addictions, corrections, reintegration, homelessness, poverty, etc.
- Occupational First Aid, Foodsafe and willingness to obtain a criminal record clearance.
- Knowledge and understanding of related legislation, both federal and provincial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Some positions require an enhanced security clearance.
RSW’s participate as part of the team responsible for the efficient functioning of residence operations and supporting residents in achieving their goals. RSW’s work one-on-one with individuals to assist with overcoming obstacles, working through personal issues and regaining independence.
If this sounds like the position for you, please forward your resume and cover letter to .
The Elizabeth Fry Society is committed to employment equity and
encourages applications from all qualified applicants.