AdaptAbilities is a registered charity that provides an essential service to individuals with special needs and their families. Our unique programs promote positive self-care and well-being, empowering individuals to grow, succeed and belong. We are looking for deducated professionals who share this vision to join our team. This is an opportunity to make a difference, supporting individuals to be a part of their community.
AdaptAbilities is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fulfill the role of Human Resources (HR) Assistant. This position requires flexibility, adaptability and an interest in all aspects of HR. Candidates must exhibit strong organizational skills, a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and a passion for the creation of a safe, caring and community-enriched life for the individuals/families who hire us.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of volunteers, administrative and front-line staff
- Participate in the administration of onboarding processes for all new employees
- Provide first point of contact support for AdaptAbilities’ employees and volunteers
- Sign up and maintenance of all employee training and certifications
- Preparation and organization of all HR related documentation
- Provide recommendations for improvement of HR related policies and procedures
- Generate and edit required HR related reports
- Participate in career fairs and other AdaptAbilities’ events
- Support the HR Coordinator with other duties as assigned
- Diploma in business, human resources, organizational development or relevant field
- One year of HR experience
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is an asset
- Knowledge of standard HR practices and Employment Standards preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to interact effectively, and in a professional, tactful manner with stakeholders, employees and senior management
- Candidate must be an analytical thinker who is able to analyze, interpret, present and act upon data and trends
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, must be able to multi-task and comfortable working in teams
- Strong computer and database application skills and proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel, Power Point, Word)
This is a full time, permanent position. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Flexibility to respond to organizational needs outside of regular hours is required.
AdaptAbilities offers a competitive health benefits package, paid personal days and employer investment matching
E-mail resume quoting position title in the subject line to: