Lookout Emergency Aid Society is a charitable organization and social safety net that provides housing and a range of support services to adults, with low or no income, who have few, if any, housing or support options. As the people we serve have challenges meeting basic needs and goals, we place minimal barriers between them and our services. We believe that helping people help themselves is essential in addressing homelessness and all the issues that surround it. Securing appropriate housing is the first and most essential step in achieving responsible independent for individuals. For more information about Lookout, please visit www.lookoutsociety.ca
The Coordinator directs and provides oversight of the housing property, ensuring all clientele receive the pertinent service; that the goals and philosophy of the Society and programs are met, maintaining a minimal barrier, open-door service to adults who are disenfranchised from other housing. With supervision and support from the Manager, this position is responsible for personnel management including hiring, training and providing support for discipline issues and appraisals. Other responsibilities include; payroll, callouts & scheduling administration and support of personnel in their work performance. Assists in ensuring program budget is maintained, forwards purchase orders to manager for approval, and provides required financial documentation. The Coordinator will liaise with the neighbourhood and service community and deal with the public, other service agencies and professionals.
· Post-secondary education, preferably in Social Services or Health field, or comparable experience.
· Two years’ experience working in the community social service sector
· Experience with scheduling, payroll, scheduling, budgeting and human resources an asset
· Demonstrated knowledge of income assistance, affordable housing and health resources
· A First Aid Training Certificate required and must pass a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Skills and Abilities:
· Strong collaborative approach to delivering and developing programs and services
· Proven ability to lead and work with a staff team in a unionized environment
· Demonstrated experience collecting program statistics and delivering reports
· Strong time management skills with the ability to manage a workload with multiple priorities
· Effective communication and conflict resolution skills
If interested, please submit a cover letter expressing your interest in this opportunity.
Submit with resume to:
by 5:00 pm October 20, 2016
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.