The Downtown Eastside Centre for the Arts (DECA) is a non-profit arts organization that provides all access arts programming to the community of the downtown eastside. We believe in the principal of “art is a healing tool” and our programs reflect that philosophy.
DECA is preparing to move into its’ permanent location and is in need of staff who are passionate about the way that they work in an organization whose foundation is a collective approach in moving the organization forward.
DECA is looking for someone to create an IT platform that informs the community of all the art-related workshops that are taking place.
We would like a monthly calendar that includes the schedule of the various organizations in the downtown eastside; day, time, and what kinds of art programs are accessible to and provide information for the downtown eastside community. We also would like our website to be expanded and refined.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Participating youth must:
- be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the time of intake;
- have demonstrated skills achievement at the post-secondary level (this means that you must have more than secondary school achievement);
- intend to gain ICT skills and knowledge;
- meet the job requirements of the IHO, which should included stated ICT-related activities;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and be legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- must not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
- research organizations that provide art programs
- develop a web strategy for an art directory of artists in the DTES and beyond, with their bio and some examples of their work
- develop a social media strategy for DECA programs and events
- develop DECA website
- confirm all information necessary for creating calendar
- research the kind of platform is best suited for this calendar & develop calendar
- create a viable budget for the maintenance of this calendar
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to show initiative, self-starter,
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to be adaptable
Reports to the Executive Director.
INTERNSHIP DURATION: 650 hrs
Internship provided via the Vancouver Community Network Youth Internship program and funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), administered by Industry Canada.