Vice President, Development
The Hospitals of Regina Foundation (HRF) exists to enhance the care in Regina’s hospitals for the benefit of people across southern Saskatchewan. Since 1987, donors and community partners have been at the heart of the Foundation donating over $130 million for Regina’s three hospitals: Regina General Hospital, Pasqua Hospital, and Wascana Rehabilitation Centre.
The Foundation is growing. Currently it raises about $9 million annually but to meet the needs of southern Saskatchewan it must grow. It has built a motivated and strong group and is looking for one more key person to complete its team. A unique opportunity exists for a results oriented individual to join an organization well respected for its role and its impact on the community of southern Saskatchewan. HRF is currently seeking a Vice President, Development to join its team and achieve a level of community support even greater than has been achieved before!
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the successful candidate will lead the Foundation’s management team and support the President & CEO and members of the Board and senior executives of the hospitals to maximize philanthropic support. The VP, Development will develop and help grow a multifaceted fundraising program. The successful candidate will identify donor-centred fundraising opportunities, lead the growth of major and annual gifts, event management and planned giving.
This is an excellent opportunity for an up & coming manager with strong fundraising skills and solid management skills to be the second-in-command at this growing foundation. This is a career making opportunity for an adventurous individual with strong major gifts experience (7 figure gifts) who brings knowledge of all areas of fundraising.
We encourage those with the following background to apply:
- A seasoned professional with 8 – 10 years of fundraising experience in progressively responsible positions, with a specific proven track record of success in major gift fundraising (minimum 5 years): highly comfortable identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding significant donors. Solid knowledge of the business of fundraising: Annual Giving, Direct Mail, Major Gifts & Planned Giving and direct response
- Demonstrated track record of front-line fundraising of six figure gifts plus
- Strong leadership experience in leading, managing, and coaching – excellent mentoring skills
- Proven ability to lead an integrated fundraising operation, responsible for revenue growth, donor relations and marketing and communications
- Excellent networking skills coupled with interpersonal skills including the ability to encourage and motivate donors
- Strong written and oral communication skills and political acumen
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong project management skills, with proven ability to manage timelines and budget
- University Degree preferred
To submit your resume, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/career-portal/index.html#/jobs/64. Select the 'Apply' button to upload your resume and cover letter (in one document) by November 7, 2016.
For additional information please reach out to Susan Mackle 1.866.647.5149 or 1.705.652.9124 We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact as at .
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted in one document online only. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.