AdaptAbilities is a registered charity that provides an essential service to individuals with special needs and their families. Our unique programs promote positive self-care and well-being, empowering individuals to grow, succeed and belong. We are looking for dedicated professionals who share this vision to join our team. This is an opportunity to make a difference, supporting individuals to be a part of their community.
Community Specialists (CS) are allies and ambassadors. They work front-line and are pivotal to the creation of a safe, caring and community-enriched life for the individuals/families who hire us. Thoughtful program planning and implementation support participants to connect with their communities - establishing real relationships and creating meaningful days and lives. The conscientious CS embodies belonging and compassion for individuals while providing peace of mind for families.
- Provide direct care and purposeful support in an engaging, fun and safe environment
- Foster genuine relationships promoting dignity, personal interests and identities
- Empower people to create meaningful days and achieve their goals
- Communicate effectively with integrity, to individuals, families and co-workers
- Ability to work in various settings: In-home, Centre-based, Community
- Build a vision of inclusion, one person at a time
- Perform other job-related activities as required
- High School Diploma (post-secondary education an asset)
- Experience with special needs is an asset
- A shared passion and vision with the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Flexible, comfortable working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Clear Security Clearance Check and Children and Youth Intervention Record Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain: First Aid with CPR, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Abuse Prevention and Response Protocol, Medication Administration and Beyond Behaviours
The hours and schedule for this full time position are Monday to Friday from 7am – 5pm to maximum of 40 hours per week. Availability to a flexible schedule during the week would be considered an asset. This placement is based out of a personal home in Leduc, AB and also requires the Community Specialist to support the individual in the community.
Includes health benefits, paid personal days, RRSP matching and health spending account.
Deadline: Posting close date
E-mail resume quoting position title in the
subject line to:
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
E-mail Resume quoting position title in the subject line to:
The deadline is ongoing until a successful candidate is found.
Alberta AdaptAbilities Association
11226 75 Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T6G 0H3
Tel: 7804318446 ext. 3024