Temporary to January 2017
Fraserside Community Services Society invites applications for the following position:
Job Title: Community Mental Health Worker
Program: Fraserdale Program
Classification: Standard Grid level 10 – Transition House Worker
Rate of Pay: $18.59 per hour and increments in accordance with the terms of the Collective Agreement
To provide support with residents with serious and persistent mental illness by facilitating individualized goal-oriented treatment/recovery plans which are based on a psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery model approach.
- Minimum Diploma in a related human service field and one year recent work experience with adults who have serious and persistent mental illness; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience; certification in Psychosocial Rehabilitation required
- Sound knowledge of and commitment to the principles of Psychosocial Rehabilitation and the Recovery Model
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with family members, the community and support network, with team members and the wider agency
- Demonstrated skills in planning, decision-making, coaching, human-relations such as a genuine concern and respect for mental health clients
- Knowledge of current medications and medication administration/monitoring procedures
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working effectively with diverse populations
- Valid First Aid/CPR, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and Food Safe certification
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and MS Word; familiarity with an electronic case management system is preferred
- Knowledge of community resources is essential
PRESENT HOURS OF WORK:
32 hours per week – Mon 9:00am – 3:00pm, Tues & Wed 9:00am – 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 8:00am - 4:00pm. This is a temporary position to January 2017. Flexibility is required to meet client and program needs.
This position is open to male and female applicants. This position requires union membership.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume, quote posting number, provide an E-mail address and telephone number, and include qualifications, experience and any other information that may assist the Society in arriving at a hiring decision.
E-mail applications to:
DATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POSTED: 14 October 2016
DATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY CLOSED: 28 October 2016
Fraserside is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in Fraserside. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.