Inclusive Communities Program Assistant
Richmond Multicultural Community Services (RMCS) is a nonprofit organization committed to serving the diverse communities of Richmond for over 30 years. We do this by providing services for newcomers as well as multiculturalism and diversity work. RMCS invites applications for the following position:
Position: Inclusive Communities Program Assistant
The Program Assistant will support the Program Coordinator and ICP Team to plan and organize all-inclusive Communities programs, workshops, events and special projects. The Inclusive Communities Program aim is to assist the community, organizations and businesses become more welcoming and inclusive to newcomers.
- Attend community partnership meetings and maintain meeting minutes
- Develop surveys
- Coordinate focus groups
- Assist with community mapping activities and reporting
- Collate data, information and research
- Organize information and data on website
- Increase website traffic
- Create and update content for website
- Increase social media presence
- Assist with event coordination
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of diversity, multiculturalism, anti-oppression and inclusion
- Ability to keep track of many details, work well under pressure and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills
- Facilitation/presentation skills
- Experience with WordPress, website maintenance and social media
- Strong working knowledge of community resources in Richmond
- Expertise with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing programs (Publisher)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a multicultural setting
- Fluent in English; a second language is an asset.
Posting Close: October 31, 2016
Please apply with cover letter and resume.
Attention: Yoshimi Vanrenen, Executive Assistant
Richmond Multicultural Community Services
210-7000 Minoru Boulevard
Richmond, BC V6X 3A7
Fax: (604) 279-7168
RMCS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.