The Mustard Seed’s Mission is to build hope and wellbeing for our most vulnerable citizens through Jesus’ love.
Reporting to the Fund Development Manager, the Development and Donor Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for supporting The Mustard Seed’s fundraising program by cultivating relationships with individual and corporate donors and supporters who provide gifts of $1,000 to $10,000. This position works as part of a dynamic fundraising team to meet the fund development and stewardship goals of The Mustard Seed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Personally cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of individual and corporate donors who contribute $1,000 to $10,000 annually, with the goal of increasing donation revenue each year
- Work in coordination with the Fund Development Manager, Community Engagement and Volunteer Services to develop an integrated Corporate Partnership program
- Work in coordination with the Fund Development Manager and Volunteer Services to develop and facilitate a donor stewardship plan with the goal of achieving a high donor renewal rate and monthly donor conversion rate
- Support the Fund Development Manager by engaging individual and corporate donors who provide gifts of $10,000+ in stewardship activities
- Support the Communications team to maximize public awareness of The Seed programs and services
- Support the Fund Development Manager with day-to-day tasks including prospect research, communications and appointment setting
- Support the Development program through effective gift acknowledgement and stewardship including the creation of thank you letters, impact reports, and personal correspondence where appropriate
- Create and execute plans to increase the rate of renewal amongst first-time donors to The Mustard Seed
- Write or assist with the preparation of impact reports and grant reports
- Support the Central Services Donor Relations team in maintaining accurate event records and facilitating donation processing
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Goal-oriented with a passion to build hope and wellbeing for those living in poverty
- Post-secondary education, with preference given to an applicant with 3 to 5 years of experience in fundraising within a non-profit environment
- A skill for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of tasks
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, managing multiple projects and adhering to strict deadlines
- Ability to solicit donation and sponsorship support, negotiate contracts and build productive relationships
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and online search tools
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or other fundraising database software
- Full-time, 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
- Work in an office environment, with opportunities to attend meetings and events throughout the city
- Fast-paced environment requiring moderate mental effort
- Occasional travel required. A valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- Driver’s Abstract and Employment Security Check required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward cover letter and resume to indicating the position title in the subject line.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days.