The Mustard Seed’s Mission is to build hope and wellbeing for our most vulnerable citizens through Jesus’ love.
As a member of the PAC (Personal Assistance Centre) Team, the PAC Warehouse Facilitator is the primary warehouse contact for donors to The Mustard Seed. This staff will be responsible for welcoming and engaging donors and volunteers, receiving donor donations, and communicating the story of The Mustard Seed. The PAC Warehouse Facilitator will have a broad working knowledge of all the areas of The Mustard Seed’s services and is responsible for maintaining established procedures, managing conflict in a restorative manner, and ensuring safety and order of the building and perimeter. The PAC Warehouse Facilitator will ensure donations are stored in an organized manner, support the activities of the Personal Assistance Centre, and volunteer group and individual activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate the story of The Mustard Seed’s Ministry and develop rapport through intentional interactions with volunteers and donors
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and gratitude with all donors
- Communicate the resource needs of the ministry accurately and clearly
- Receive and coordinate the distribution of donations to various areas of The Mustard Seed and other agencies
- Assist volunteers (groups and individuals) with sorting and other duties as required
- Support the PAC Coordinator in facilitating programming and implementing policy and procedures
- Attending to the upkeep and cleanliness of the building and its perimeter
- Participate in the mentorship and growth of community volunteers
- Provide creative ideas for change or improvement of donor relations and goods stewardship
- Adhere to The Mustard Seed’s policies and procedures
- Ensure daily maintenance of area-specific log books and records.
- Attend and participate in all relevant team and staff meetings and training sessions
- Conduct administrative duties as assigned by the PAC Coordinator
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Must be comfortable dealing with conflict
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to support front - line programs
- Possess strong initiative to actively seek out tasks and improve service
- A team player, who works collaboratively and has a “teachable spirit”
- Attentive to inner city poverty issues
- Experience working in a volunteer - based organization is considered an asset
- Experience working within the culture of the inner city is considered an asset
- Experience in warehouse management is considered an asset
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs and managing high volume of donations
- This is a full time, temporary position from November 21, 2016 to December 30th, 2016.
- Work hours will be Monday to Friday and will include days and evenings.
- Labourer position with a small portion of administration work
- Location will primarily be working indoors in the warehouse, with occasional time accessing donations from outside
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward cover letter and resume to indicating the position title in the subject line.