The Pick up Delivery Driver / Warehouse Worker is responsible to provide a service of pick-up and delivery for The Salvation Army Community & Family Services and to assist in providing a clean and well organized warehouse area.
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license is required, and a clean driver’s abstract; Restricted Class A License preferred
- Valid Forklift license
- Good command of large vehicles (i.e. cube van, panel van)
- Experience in shipping and handling
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Physical ability to lift large/heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.)
- Understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army
- First Aid/ CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate, or willingness to acquire one
- An original copy of a Criminal Background Check with vulnerable sector screening that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or a local police detachment.
May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
Support for and an understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada. NOTE: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Normal Hours of Work: 40 Hours per week; monday to Friday; 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Term: November 28, 2016 to December 30, 2016; successful candidate may also be required to be available for off hours event support
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume indicating job title and competition number in email subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.