|Provides services in: ALBERTA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, MANITOBA, NEW BRUNSWICK, NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR, NOVA SCOTIA, ONTARIO, Charlottetown area, P E I - other areas, SASKATCHEWAN
Nathan Garber & Associates was established in 1986 to assist nonprofit organizations in organizational development, governance, strategic and program planning, evaluation, technology and Board-CEO relations.
Our vision is "a stronger nonprofit sector characterized by mission-driven organizations, effective boards, strong volunteer leadership, high quality management, increased capacity, and ongoing quality improvement". We pledge to respect the uniqueness of every client through careful analysis of their needs and collaborative development of custom-designed solutions.
Nathan Garber, M.L.I.S
In 1971, Nathan Garber began raising funds for OXFAM projects in India and Bangladesh following civil war and devastating floods. Since then, he has devoted his work and voluntary efforts to improving the lives of individuals and communities locally, nationally, and internationally. He has served on many boards of directors, helped to organize two international conferences, and as executive director, led two nonprofit organizations to international recognition.
In recent years, through his work and writing, he has been recognized for his innovative leadership, his leading-edge thinking and his challenging of conventional ideas about the management and governance of nonprofit organizations. His articles have been published in Canada, the United States, and Australia. His accomplishments include:
- Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Nonprofit Boards & Governance Review. an electronic newsletter with more than 5,000 subscribers.
- Instructor for National Certificate Program in Voluntary & Non-Profit Sector Management, Nonprofit Management Diploma and Arts Management Diploma programs at University of Western Ontario.
- Designed and delivered workshops management, governance, and planning for a wide range of national, provincial, and local organizations.
- Developed and facilitated strategic planning process for dozens of organizations since 1972.
- Advisor to a rural development / vocational training project in northern Botswana.
- Recipient of the John Robinson Award for contributions in assisting victims of woman abuse.
For a complete resumé and additional information, see http://garberconsulting.com.