|Provides services in: ALBERTA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, MANITOBA, NEW BRUNSWICK, NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR, NOVA SCOTIA, NORTHWEST TERRITORIES, NUNAVUT, ONTARIO, PRINCE EDWARD ISLANDS, QUEBEC, SASKATCHEWAN, YUKON, International
Altus Dynamics Delivers Financial and Operational Management Software for Nonprofits
Successful management of a not-for-profit organization is as demanding as it is detailed. Careful administration of operating expenses and cash flow and meticulous reporting practices are essential for meeting regulatory compliance. Both are also important for demonstrating the efficient use of donated and allocated resources to secure future funding.
Altus nonprofit financial management software - Altus Dynamics NFP, powered by Microsoft Dynamics® NAV - delivers a powerful suite of capabilities specifically focused on the unique needs of the Nonprofit organization. Our objective is to give your organization the tools you need to be empowered, to streamline and optimize your finances and to improve reporting for more effective operations.
From fund accounting to constituent management, Altus nonprofit financial management software solutions provide an integrated suite of functionality that promotes accurate and timely reporting, easily accessible data and automated processes to reduce daily overhead.
Altus Dynamics helps research groups, foundations, nonprofits, health and human services and social service organizations like children's aid societies and supported living organizations automate business processes and information-sharing to provide better service to beneficiaries and constituents. Altus can help your organization:
- Deploy effective financial management solutions. With detailed, up-to-the-minute financial reports, employees can make informed purchasing decisions, comply with reporting requirements, and ensure financial integrity and accountability. Increase confidence in your organization's financial management skills with accurate reports that are tailored to meet the information needs of the user. Control tools help you improve cash flow and streamline administrative functions, including:
- Fund management: Automation in this area simplifies reporting, reduces the errors associated with manual tasks, and helps organizations meet reporting requirements.
- Grant management: These tools help you monitor grant funds, their corresponding projects, and expenditures; deliver timely reports; and access up-to-date budget and performance data. Users can distribute grants to third parties and manage the results of these grants.
- Encumbrances and commitments: Effective tracking tools help you avoid overspending by showing impending purchases and requisitions in relation to budget allocations and setting aside funds for future contracts.
- Integrate human resource management and payroll systems. Use an integrated business management solution to handle employee data, process payroll, track benefits, schedule staff , manage time and attendance and manage performance. Comprehensive reporting capabilities help your organization comply with employment eligibility and injury-reporting requirements. By using cost-effective, browser-based systems, authorized managers and employees can access human resource (HR) and payroll data quickly and easily.
- Deliver cost-effective projects on time. Control project progress, costs, revenue, and labor and other resources. Project management and accounting solutions help you run projects on time and on budget with optimal cost-efficiency. Create the billing structures you need to track expenses for labor, materials, and other project elements. Reduce invoicing cycles, stay on top of unbilled receivables, and monitor changes in key values such as costs or margins.
- Increase service productivity and constituent satisfaction. Improve constituent service delivery and increase the effectiveness of core services with Microsoft constituent relationship management solutions. Quickly and accurately respond to constituent and staff requests, improve information-sharing, and reduce costs by automating business processes. Analyze service-delivery speed and measure performance by studying the number, type, and timing of requests. With multiple communication channels, service automation, and personalized information, all constituents-individuals and businesses-have more choices and greater control.