"Helping Make Good Organizations Better"
* Fundraising Workshops,
Coaching and Support *
* Facilitation, Board Development,
Organizational Effectiveness *
* Writing, Editing and Communication
to Create Behaviour Change *
What is Carmanah Strategies?
Carmanah Strategies is a consulting firm providing organizational development, fundraising, research, strategic planning and communications support to the philanthropic community and to charitable and social-profit organizations.
We help visionary leaders dream big dreams – and put legs on those dreams that reach the ground. Our mission is to strengthen organizations that enhance society, that help the vulnerable and needy, and that defend and steward the natural environment.
The Carmanah Valley on Vancouver Island inspires Carmanah Strategies: a place to connect with nature and an icon for a positive relationship with the natural world. The spirit of this wonderful place is the inspiration for our work with charitable organizations and agencies.
What to Expect
When you work with Carmanah Strategies, you engage the services of consulting partners with long experience in the sector. We make these commitments:
- If we can’t help, we will say so in the beginning. We will try to direct you to other agencies or consultants better able to meet your needs.
We guarantee absolute confidentiality, in perpetuity. We understand that healthy partnerships are built on trust.
We adhere to the codes of ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the Canadian Association of Gift Planners, and to the “ethical fundraising and financial accountability code” of Imagine Canada.
- As per the above ethical guidelines for the profession, we do not work on a commission basis.
- You will always know what to expect. Clear, measurable deliverables are formulated for each project we accept.
- Our fees respect the fiscal reality facing the charitable sector. We apply the “Robin Hood Principle,” charging more to funding agencies, foundations and government-affiliated agencies in order to provide services to grassroots organizations at a reasonable fee.
We work on a contract basis. Following an initial scoping conversation, a preliminary cost range for the work to be performed is given. If a decision is made to proceed, then we fully explore your organization’s needs and lay out exactly how we can help you. Once we have defined the parameters of the work to be performed, our respective roles, and the measurable outcomes of our work together, a firm price is provided.
We look forward to discussing how we can assist you in furthering your organization’s mission. Give us a call!
Lorna Visser, Principal,