Mary Ann S. Anderson, Principal, Little Dog Creative Consulting:
Mary Ann Anderson is a Vancouver-based arts administrator, working in the local cultural community for over 16 years. A graduate of the University of Toronto's Arts Administration Program, Mary Ann has worked as Executive Director of a number of organizations, including arts service groups, galleries, artist cooperatives and municipal government agencies. She has worked with such groups as the Alliance for Arts & Culture, Gallery Gachet, Full Circle: First Nations Performance and the Arts & Culture Commission of North Vancouver. Mary Ann has considerable experience in public fundraising for non-profit organizations, and the development of fundraising plans; in addition, she was also responsible for the delivery of the North Vancouver municipal granting program working with over 50 non-profit arts organizations over the course of 15 years. She has forged successful relationships with funding agencies across the country in the course of her work. Mary Ann is the founder and principal of Little Dog Creative Consulting, providing consulting services for a variety of clients in the areas of arts management, organizational planning, capacity building and public fundraising.
What We Offer:
|Grant Writing & Research:
- Targetted grant writing services for clients across a variety of disciplines, with a 95% success rate.
- Providing your group with a detailed list of funding resources, tailored to the unique activities of your organization.
What sets us apart:
- An ability to understand the core of your vision, and translate it into a strong and articulate narrative.
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience with writing for over 100 funding programs - federal, provincial, municipal, foundations and private.
Visioning & Capacity Building:
- Helping you articulate your vision, and construct strategies to grow your organization.
- Providing a roadmap to build your group's capacity, ensuring future success.
What sets us apart:
- An ability to quickly "size-up" a situation or organization, define the gaps and recommend remedies.
- Extensive experience with capacity building - both in a knowledge of available funding programs, as well as the management of projects.
Organization & Systems:
- Assessing your group's administrative systems, strengths and weaknesses and helping you to develop new models to increase efficiency and maximize resources.
- Providing useful tools to plan and effectively manage multiple programs and projects.
What sets us apart:
- A broad cross section of administration skills and experience, gained from over 15 years working with arts organizations and government.
- An ability to apply past experience & acquired knowledge for the benefit of each successive client.
|Our clients cover a wide range of governmental and cultural organizations from many disciplines, and have included:
- Access to Media Education Society (A.M.E.S.)
- The ACT (Arts Centre & Theatre) Maple Ridge
- Alliance for Arts and Culture of Greater Vancouver
- Artists for Kids Trust
- ArtsConnect (Tri-Cities Arts Council)
- Basic Inquiry Studio
- Centennial Theatre
- Cultural Services, District of West Vancouver
- Dancers Dancing
- Deep Cove Heritage
- Everywoman’s Health Centre
- Famous Open Door Studio
- Festival du Bois
- Firebelly Dance
- Full Circle: First Nations Performance
- Gallery Gachet
- Garth Homer Society (Artworks)
- grunt gallery
- Inner Visions Productions Inc.
- International Arts Initiatives
- Leaky Heaven Circus
- LIVE Bienniel of Performance Art
- LOVE (Leave Out Violence) BC
- Mascall Dance
- Main Art Drift
- Mortal Coil Performance
- Neutral Ground Centre (Regina, SK)
- neworld theatre
- North Shore Celtic Ensemble
- PAARC (Pacific Association of Artist Run Centres)
- Pacific Symphonic Wind Ensemble
- Pi Theatre
- Place des Arts Centre
- Playwrights Theatre Centre
- Presentation House Theatre
- Public Dreams Society
- PUSH Performing Arts
- Raven Spirit Dance
- Richmond Arts Coalition
- Theatre Replacement
- Urban Ink Productions
- Vancouver Children’s Art Gallery and Literacy Centre
- West Vancouver Youth Band
- Whistler Theatre Project