Strategic Planning, Counsel and Facilitation
Organizations are often required to anticipate or respond to organizational and environmental challenges and opportunities. With a solid understanding of the strategic, political and practical considerations needed, Purple Oak Consultants;
- assists clients to manage change, enhance communication and move toward team and organizational improvement
- designs or leads supported processes to determine mission, goal, objectives, resources, partnerships and relationships, inputs, deliverables, actions, measurable outcomes, products and performance measurement indicators
- guides priority setting and consensus decision-making
- instigates critical thinking and innovative idea development
- facilitates exploration and testing of options and sustainable solutions
- works with clients to strengthen operational design, alignment and delivery of programs.
dare to break away from tactical patterns of thinking
Policy Research and Analysis
In the field of public policy, anticipating or reacting to social and health issues, questions, debates or problems demands innovative and rigorous research and application to shape the most meaningful and influential policy responses - locally, nationally and globally. With a track record of smart ideas and practical solutions based on sound evidence, Purple Oak Consultants;
- undertakes intelligence gathering
- conducts environmental scans and existing document analysis
- investigates and communicates emerging issues and trends with potential barriers, current and anticipated implications
- provides non-partisan interpretation, synthesis and analysis
- designs specific and cross-cutting policy options
- adapts policy solutions to new circumstances
- shapes policy debates
- provides pragmatic, action oriented advice or recommendation.
stay relevant to changing societal processes and interdependencies
The desire or need to develop an idea, topic, riddle or inquiry calls organizations to investigate, frame and advance the outcome. With extensive experience and capabilities, Purple Oak Consultants;
- designs and carries out issue investigation
- facilitates framing or reframing of issue and prioritization processes
- designs conceptual frameworks for the shaping and advancement of issues
- encourages and tests practical, progressive and innovative responses to sensitive or complex program or policy issues.
engage in collective, pragmatic, participatory and ‘local’ problem solving
Developing comprehensive project proposals, products or services entails thoughtful conceptualization, thorough planning and timely implementation. With a solid, practical understanding of project planning and development processes, Purple Oak Consultants;
- determines authority, utility, relevance and practicality
- establishes clear definition of goal and objectives, deliverables, products or services, collaborations, activities, resources required, time and resource constraints, and accountabilities
- designs outcomes and performance measurement indicators
- institutes formative evaluation feedback mechanisms to keep project plan real and relevant
- guides development of, or authors, project proposals
- guides development of, or authors, request for proposals.
plan the work thoughtfully, work the plan well
Summative evaluation is the process of determining the ‘value’ or utility of any program, policy or initiative; a process that can pose particular challenges to those who must monitor, measure and report in environments of change, multiple demands and expectations. Informed by years of social and health program experience and education, Purple Oak Consultants;
- utilizes an illuminative evaluation approach which is a commonsense but critical mode of evaluation - familiarization, observation, inquiry, explanation and reporting
- assesses needs and expectations, reviews program concept, design and practices, and conducts process analysis, impact analysis, cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness analyses
- facilitates qualitative, participatory, action research
- analyzes and synthesizes data and conducts other intelligence gathering activity to determine program relevance and effectiveness.
from concept to completion knowing what matters, why it matters, and what to do about it is pivotal
Organizations are expected to be innovative and inclusive when they undertake processes to investigate issues, develop or renew programs and policies. Purple Oak Consultants crafts dynamic, relevant, engaging, and productive processes designed to clarify interests, generate ideas, support learning, build consensus, solve problems and drive change in supportive but efficient group sessions and techniques. Purple Oak Consultants;
- identifies specific issues and desired outcomes
- co-designs and develops round table, workshop and conference agendas, participation and pre-meeting materials to achieve desired outcomes
- enables collaborative engagement and group discussion for clarity of mission, purpose and shared commitment
- fosters and applies the creative and collective genius of participants engaged in work planning, strategic planning, and issue development
- moderates and provides meeting management to deliver real results in real time.
the journey of the process is as important as the event itself