WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a strong, detail oriented leader to act as Associate Director, Leisure Travel (Internally known as AD, Adult & Family Trips) to join the Corporate, Adult & Family trip sales department. The Corporate, Adult & Family team is responsible for the sale of ME to WE Volunteer Adventure trips for corporate groups, families and adults to our lodges in Kenya, India & Ecuador. The team is also responsible for the sale of extensions, flights, insurance and other travel related products.
The incumbent will report directly to the Director of Sales for Corporate, Adult & Family Travel acting as an ambassador for the organization. The individual will oversee the day to day operations of the Adult & Family Travel sales team specifically, working closely with the Director of Corporate & Family Engagement and relevant departments to ensure organizational priorities are achieved.
This individual must be passionate about travel and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of ME to WE’s office in Toronto.
Sales & Engagement
- Work directly with the Director of Corporate, Adult & Family Travel to achieve the sales and marketing annual plan to include:
- Pax and Revenue Plan
- Staff Plan
- Extension Product Plan
- Day to day operations of the sales teams
- Responsible for both individual and team sales targets
- Reporting sales financials to the Director
- Co-creating strategies and programs to go to market alongside the Director
- Host presentations, pitching volunteer trips to new and existing adult and family travelers
- Coach and mentor sales team members
- Train team members with respect to sales tactics, product information, and key demographic profiles
- Assist in individual check-ins from an HR perspective regarding job performance
- Run regular team meetings
What you bring:
- 3-5 years’ experience in travel sales sector with a preference of leisure sales
- Demonstrated people management experience (minimum 3 years preferred) with a focus on inside sales representatives
- You’re strategic, analytical and creative
- You work well with tight timelines and are a self-starter
- Friendly, energetic, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage clients (families, adults, groups) on the phone & in person
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Salesforce is key
- Possession of a valid driver's license is preferred and willingness to travel
- Willingness to obtain TICO certification (if candidate has not yet been certified)
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.