WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Ourmission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a strong, detail-oriented leader to act as Associate Director, Executive Communications and Projects to join the Executive Office. The incumbent will report directly to the Chief of Staff, acting as a trusted advisor to ensure the fulfilment of Executive Office activities and advancement of organizational priorities. The individual will oversee the day-to-day management of the Co-Founder’s communications and operations needs, working closely with senior teams throughout the organization.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street).
The Associate Director, Executive Communications and Projects will report to, and consult with, the Chief of Staff, as well as the Co-Founder directly.
Core accountabilities include (but are not limited to):
- Help to build and support the external and internal communications of the Co-Founder as an ambassador of the organization’s brand.
- Provide leadership and set priorities around executive communication with a strong focus on correspondence needs and stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborate with the organization’s WE Day event and development teams to deliver results and ensure alignment of messages and outreach efforts across departments.
- Work with the Correspondence and Communications teams to hone and monitor an ongoing relationship management strategy for the department’s top stakeholder contacts, organized around direct updates from and interactions with the organization’s Co-Founders.
- Review production of final deliverables to ensure consistency, creativity and quality
- Liaise with WE’s Development and Regional Office teams to ensure alignment in terms of working with potential stakeholders, including meeting and material preparation and ongoing engagement of key prospects.
- Be able to speak to the primary prospects being engaged by the executives and where applicable, other internal team members working on their files
- Act as contact for other senior leaders in the organization seeking to work with its Co-Founder, to assist in problem solving, process development and fulfillment of Executive Office deliverables
- Work to bring forward priorities as identified by the Executive Office, and ensure fulfilment and alignment with others teams
Human Resources and Team Management:
- Responsible for overseeing a large team, including driving priorities related to the above activities, performing regular check ins and ensuring that deadlines and priorities are met within the department.
- Participate in hiring and training of new staff on the team, and ensure staff are provided with opportunities for professional development and relevant training sessions.
What you bring:
- Five years+ of relevant professional experience such related to executive communication and stakeholder engagement.
- Strong project management and internal process-building skills
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication – written and oral ‑ and relationship management
- Attention to detail, and high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects.
- Able and willing to travel and work outside regular business hours
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- A passion for and experience in leading a young, growing team
- Positive and professional attitude, ability to work as a team player
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.